FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 04, 2024, 09:32:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Driving slowly  (Read 2339 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2007, 09:55:24 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have just had a reconditioned 3.55 diff fitted to Beryl, my EJ - both FEs are temporarily hors de combat - haven't driven her for a while.

I just spent over half an hour driving around home - slowly - I rarely got out of second gear. What a pleasure it is to drive something that will happily crawl at a walking pace in second gear and smoothly pull away, accompanied by that grey motor burble. There is something to be said for a small, low compression six, connected to a very sweet column change.

I've got, er, a few Italian cars and I've never been inclined to drive them slowly.

It got me thinking, after a driving lifetime of teararsing around, what a joy driving slowly is, if you're not being harassed by teararses  Roll Eyes

It ok, I'm going to have a glass of warm milk and go to bed now Tongue

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:17:22 AM »

you're maturing are you John?

The price of fuel makes me drive slowly.  Ironic isn't it?  spend years fitting a V8 into an FE only to drive it like a grey.

oh.. sometimes it can go fast.

Cheers

Ed
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:17:38 AM by EH » Logged

in the shed
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 03:22:30 AM »

Wink I didn't think Italian cars (except maybe bambinos) ever went slow!!!!!!  Cheers Hotlips  Grin Grin

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 05:44:18 AM »

Don't worry John you are not on you're own I just like to Cruise these days instead of flat out every where, owning an FC and an IH Scout help poles apart but neither is a speed machine.

Regards Tommo
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:39:43 AM »

John, understand completely the joys of driving slow - I'm with you. Amazing how your driving style subtly changes with advancing age OOPS!!! meant advancing experience...  I'm looking at a seniors card soon, and find that these days the urge to indulge in "hoon" behavior (eg - laying rubber, etc ) only overides common sense once a week or so.....  Do I need help?
Regards
Jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: