FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:16:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EffCee has an FC  (Read 30547 times)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »

Another update,

i have had my head down bum up at work this week so I haven't made a lot of progress, I will be getting the HR front and Rear end out of the other car in the next week or so so that  can dismantle them, replace what needs replacing, clean them up and get them ready for paint.

will post some photo's soon

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 12:12:59 AM »

Hey Keith,any progress we should know about....? Smiley

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 12:00:02 PM »

will post some photo's soon

Keith
F4+
 Wink
Yeh! C'mon Keith you promisedWink

ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »

If the man won't post photos then there is nothing for it other than to go and take the photos yourself.  Watch this post Sunday evening - the FCarazzi are on their way to Keith's garage. Cool

David

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 03:43:09 PM »

The days are getting longer but a cold breath is in the air, the henchmen are stirring. Shocked Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy
                                                 Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 06:28:25 PM »

Yes, possibly the henchmen known as the ACT club!  The army multiplies!  Grin

Beware boys (and girls) Keith has a chainsaw and he's not afraid to use it!  Shocked

I can see it now - Keith protecting his car wielding a chainsaw while wearing his welding helmet!  Shocked Shocked Shocked  Cheesy

Kathi
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 07:44:21 PM »

i still reckon we should have used the chainsaw to slice a couple of inches from the roof Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

next one hey keith Cheesy Cheesy

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »

The ACT club dropped in on Keith during our mystery run today.  Thanks for the hospitality and the chance to have a close up look at your car and set up.  Here is a snap, that reveals there has been a hold up on progress lately, but you can't be crook and rebuilding a car all at the same time!

Gentle encouragement is all that is required. Oh and Mrs EffCee failed in her attempts to simply swap one of the club member's FC for Keith's shell - she may be wishing for a magic wand for Christmas though.

Now Keith, how about adding a picture of the car cover that dropped in recently.  Very nice work by someone (you know who you are).

Cheers
David

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »

This one?  Wink

NosFEratu
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »

At Orange, custom car covers are going to be the big thing....
Several cars are already in the running for the Top Custom Car Cover Award, Keith's is just one of them.
Be warned - competition will be fierce...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 06:29:38 PM »

C'mon - back on track Jack! Cheesy

Yes David, unfortunately he's suffered some set backs but, hopefully, Keith's now fighting fit and ready to tackle his project.  I'm sure we'll see some (non-prompted of course) updates in the near future!  Cheesy

Them's a coupla mighty big exhaust pipes waiting to be used under the car Keith!  Wink

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »

An FC cover on an FE?

Maybe the world really is facing armageddon......

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »

hey Paul, I noticed that also, but thought it politic not to mention       Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you may think the tyranny of distance is your protector...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2008, 08:22:39 PM »

And it's undergoing psychotherapy as a result in an effort to restore it's dignity! 

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »

As David has stated the ACT FE-HR club came and paid me a visit as part of their mystery tour day. The club members have been very welcoming as I have recently joined the club. The members have some great cars which I have shown below,

Colin's FE

David's FE

Kaz's FC

Julius's EH

Scott's FB

Graham's HR

David's HD

Sandra (Mrs EffCee), my wife had to show off the car cover that I have been given by Kathi (NosFEratu) when Kathi and John came and visited recently. Just about anyone who has set foot in our house since we received it has been shown the cover. I feel extremely privileged to have received such a gift, and my sincere thanks to Kathi for the car cover. It has become a very much treasured item.

The cover's proper place is on the car when it has been finished and I am looking forward (and I am sure Kathi is too) to seeing it on the car when it is completed.

Now all that remains is for me to get on with it....

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 10:05:05 PM »

Aaw shucks - I'm gettin' a little embarrassed Embarrassed  I'm glad you and, obviously, Sandra like it - even with it's appendix scar!  Wink  And yes, it definitely belongs on your EffCee! 

Looked like it was a good turn out of some very nice cars from the ACT club - but I'm still a little upset that they didn't come to my place for a mystery run!  Wink

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »

Keith & Sandra,
Thanks so much for your hospitality and the chance to have a look at your car. We had a lot of fun on the Mystery run yesterday (Thanks to David for organising the run).

One minor correction (so I don't get into trouble), the HR is not mine (unfortunately), it's my son Baydon's. We took his car on the run because it's the only old car we had at home. The FC and EH are both over at Mum & Dad's place at the moment, while Baydon's painting a VL Commodore at home.

We had a bit of a "Bumper weekend". On Saturday, Dad was doing some work on the brakes on his 48/215. He forgot that the brakes weren't working when he moved it back in the shed.........He used my FC to stop! Luckily not too much damage, we'll just have to replace/repair the centre section of the FC rear bumper bar & the front overriders on the 48. Then during the run yesterday, Jeff accidentally reversed into Julius' EH. No damage to jeff's towbar, but as can be seen in the pics, Julius needs a new right hand front bumper section.

Cheers,

Graham
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: