FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:50:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wagon Rear Seat Retainer  (Read 6653 times)
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2007, 06:46:43 AM »

Calling all FE FC Standard (219) Wagon owners.

I am currently re-assembling my wagon & noticed that the 2 retainers that the upper rear seat lock into (vertical position) are different from those on my Special (229) Wagon, in that they do not have a tab that folds down to stop the seat back from pulling out.

There is however a hole drilled through the retainer bodies & rubber inserts that looks as though it would accept a pin of some sort to take the place of the rotating tab.

Could someone have a gander and see if they have the same setup & let me know what the other type of locking pin? looks like. Tongue

Thanks, Gary
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 06:48:02 AM by zulu » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 07:10:50 AM »

Gary, the original FE 219 and 229 catch plate is part number 7411029 - it simply works by pushing the seat back into the clip and the shape of the rubber crudely holds the seat back in place. This catch was replaced late in the FC series by part numbers 7416936 & 7416937 which were left and right as they had the clip down lock to stop the rear seat from coming forward in an accident.

The ones that you have that are drilled are not original and would have been modified by a home mechanic to solve the problem.

Ken

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 09:50:40 AM »

Thats interesting, as the FE 229 I have has the later type, must have been fitted at a later date.

Thanks for the info Ken, I'll find a couple of nice size pins to drop in the holes.

Regards, Gary
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:35:41 AM »

Yes a lot of owners replaced the early ones with the later brackets.  When I owned the FE 229 I must admit I too changed the brackets for later ones just for safety.

Ken
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »

both my FC wagons have no locking bit, i thought they came out on FB's, i was thinking of fitting the later ones for safety but when i thought about it i cant see the seat coming forward and crushing the backseat passengers, they have a pretty low back, i could be wrong but it sure is easy to pull the seat forward with one hand.
I have crash tested it, all us irrisposible young dickheads had no seatbelts, the back seat didnt move, we didnt move but the dog went flying.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 11:16:07 AM »

No Worries then, I'll see how it goes without any pins, probably be a P.I.T.A. anyway, putting them in & out.
Ta for the input.
Gary
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 08:19:06 PM »

Hi Gary,

same mod was done to my wagon.

the "pins" were just a couple of long socket head high tensile bolts. effective but ugly.

I tossed them in the "what were they thinking box?!" and  replaced them with some EK retainers with the fold down latch.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 02:12:15 AM »

FC cool - consider this
You and the family are off on a trip somewhere with about 200 kg of luggage stored in the back of the wagon.  An accident will send that 200 kg forward and push the seat down injuring those in the back seat - I personally would not do it.
Ken
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 03:25:44 AM »

can the later model latches be unlatched from either side or do you need to reach both sides, i could put a lever on the seat with a rod running through to the other side as the back seat still needs to be rebuilt and have a armrest fitted.
will the hr brakes stop the car quick enough to let the 200kg slide forward?
i rarely pack much weight in the back with people in the back seat in fear of the tailshaft hitting the floor but the backseat is a easy fix that could prevent a hard fix.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 02:52:08 AM »

No each latch can be unhooked separately as the catch will stay in the up position until you push it down again

Ken
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »

Like these ones?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fb-Ek-station-wagon-rear-seat-clips_W0QQitemZ230123245379
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 09:16:12 AM »

I have crash tested it, all us irrisposible young dickheads had no seatbelts

Consider this .
Many years ago my mate was driving a HT wagon at about 65 MPH when the LHF ball joint collapsed on a right hand band . The car went into a spoon drain and hit a gum tree about six feet in diameter at the base.
The passenger sitting in the middle of the back seat had no seat belt on, he went through the windscreen , hit the tree and ended up back inside the car with his right right leg caught between the seat  ( that had fallen forward ) and the rear compartment / dog box . because of the flex of the car when it came to a stop his leg was squashed in the gap. The fireman actually cut the car in half to get him out.
 He has a slight limp an got over 280 stitches in his head.
 Rectum f'n nearly killed I'm  Shocked
If Iwas going to have loved ones or mates in the rear seat i'd lock it down
  Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: