FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:45:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Another FC from trax  (Read 20286 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 08:52:20 AM »

Ken,

Thanks for your note, you've chosen great colours so far.

However, that colour bears no relation to Terraglow, the closest I've seen to that is "Strike Me Pink" from the 70s. Even the FB, EK and EJ pinks weren't as, er, vibrant as that.

It all feels a bit cynical to me. Selling that colour as Terraglow is ridiculous, I don't care that they make a pink one just don't pretend its a factory colour. The yellow and black FC was a horror too.

John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
FC_Driver
nsw-club

Model: FC

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 09:38:30 AM »

My Turn
Yes I will be buying one also!
I have the complete set from Trax..Both FEs & FCs.
I for one don't like the Gold FE, but had to buy one to keep the full set. I hope they don't do a gold FC !!!
But Trax with their faults (and I don,t think thay have a lot of faults) supply some great models.
I love the Trax models, Jan would be happier if I stuck to FEs & FCs only but......How can you go past some of their models! The "Trax Catalogue" shows much more pleasing picture of the car.  I too would love to see a FE / FC Wagon or ute.......FE or FC I don,t care...maybe two tone Blue  Grin.....
Bruce
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 08:35:41 PM »

Just received the latest Trax flyer.

The colour is indeed Terraglow and it looks great - thanks Ken.

God knows what they did to the photos before they posted them to the website Huh

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 12:32:29 AM »

i think it looks very GAY

me too *snigger*

Kiss

in the shed
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 03:27:14 AM »

It's probably a case of just waiting to see what they look like in the flesh....

The pics in the flyer are much less intense and a better looking colour!! They must've pumped up the contrasts something fierce on the website....!!

Cheers
Les...

PS: The wagon can't be too far away can it... 50th Anniversary of the Station Sedan and all that!! They've done a HD wagon after all Roll Eyes

Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 03:48:18 AM »

Hi All
I have already orded mine be good to see it when arrives.
WAYNE
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 07:32:45 AM »

John, have you seen a Terraglow coloured car?  In my opinion, the second version of the Trax colour (not the first one which looked horribly pink) is a very good reproduction of the colour.
Although I didn't choose the colours for the black & yellow car - this is the reason I got involved with the whole Trax colour choosing thing.  The yellow was too bright for Cape Ivory and the main thing that upset me about the car was GMH NEVER made a black and yellow FC past 1958, so the car as sold painted in late FC style NEVER existed.
For what it's worth, Terraglow was Holden's first foray into pastels which became HUGE during the early 60's.  Most FB's were painted in pastel colours with pink, pale grey, pale yellow, mushroom etc being especially popular.  The FX and FJ had a high percentage of black, blue, grey, brown & dark green colours. The FE and FC saw the introduction of some bold new colours such as red and bright blues and greens but the colours were still very strong.  Terraglow on the other hand was soft and feminine and meant to appeal to the female buyer and represented a whole new marketing strategy that established the whole 60's pastel image for GMH.

Ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 07:38:09 AM »

Sorry John, I didn't see your second post - my apologies.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 10:14:34 PM »

Thanks for posting that just the same - I hadn't thought about Terraglow from that perspective before.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
minifcvan
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 03:31:15 AM »

HI GOT MINE TODAY..IT DOE'SNT LOOK AS BAD AS THE PICTURES LOOKED....CHEERS MARK
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 10:39:07 AM »

Ken,
When is the FE equivalent due?
(Please tell me there is one coming).

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 06:58:57 AM »

There are at least 4 Terraglow and Adobe Beige cars in our club, so I thought it was common. When I went to register my wagon, I called it red, the policeman said it was brown, the rego from Queensland said orange so our rego department registered it as pink?

PS Certain people in our club rerfer to it as:
"Monkey Bum Pink" I don't think this is correct as Monkeys don't have pink buns, it is one of the other apes that has the Terraglow bottom.

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 08:37:33 AM »

Rabbitoh, FE series will depend to a certain extent on the sales of the FC but also on sales of other FE models.  You will note that the gold FE has still not sold out after a number of months on sale.  This does not help with potential sales of future FE models.

Cajerridoc, I think you will find that some of the cars you think are Terraglow may be Terracotta.  Denis Williams car 143-977 is Terracotta, another car I photographed AA-784C is also Terracotta - I didn't catch the owners name.  These are the only records of Terraglow or Terracotta cars that I have from SA.  Any other details that you have would be appreciated.

Regards  Ken
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 05:54:12 AM »

Hi Ken,

I have just been getting my wagon ready for the club run tomorrow and checked the numbers.

Looks like it is a terraglow. One of our other members has a wagon the same colours and a sedan that was originally the same colours, but he has repainted it in the reverse combination.

Robin

NO: FC-229-26276-A  
TRIM: 298-858  
PAINT: 253-9665  
INSERT: 256-2031  
TOP: 253-9665  
RPO:  

Other Details
Chassis Number: FC-16485-A  
Engine Number: L610966  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results and Explanation
FC-229-26276-A Vehicle is an FC Special Station Sedan, the 26,276th manufactured in Adelaide, SA.
298-858 The Exterior Trim Code (298) describes this car as Two-Tone: Adobe Beige over Terraglow.
The Interior Trim Code (858) refers to: Black & Turkish Ivory.
253-9665  The main colour (bonnet, guards) is DUCO Lacquer Terraglow
256-2031  The insert colour (window frames, rear quarters) is DUCO Lacquer Adobe Beige  
253-9665  The roof colour is DUCO Lacquer Terraglow  
FC-16485-A The vehicle was assembled during 1959, and was the 15,485th FC (in any bodystyle) assembled in Adelaide, SA.
L610966 Manufacture date (based on engine number) is September 1959
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 08:33:08 AM by stinky » Logged

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 07:04:48 AM »

Ken,

We found another Terraglow and Adobe Beige wagon in Stinky's wrecking yard today. Ask him for the numbers if you don't already have them.

Robin

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »

Thanks Robin, I didn't have any your wagon details and don't have Stinkys either. I will get onto him

Regards  Ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »

By the way, getting back on track.  I received my model in the mail and am very dissapointed to see that they have done the interior the wrong way round with white seats and black top. Sad

Ken
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »

I said the same thing when i got my model Shocked.

I also have some details for a terraglow/adobe station sedan i parted out a couple of years back another barossa (wine region) car.

cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 06:23:13 AM »

My model came minus the "Special" badge on the left quarter panel.

Robin

Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2007, 04:30:22 AM »

Cheesy Us guys/dolls in SA call the terraglow/cotta colour "monkey bum pink" (just a bit of a laugh and no harm intended)   -   so this model car seems to be a "GAY MONKEY BUM PINK" specimen.  Would look good in a little girls' room next to the Barbie car/caravan. Cheers Hotlips  Grin Grin Grin

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: