FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:45:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Assist Grip Straps FE  (Read 2497 times)
Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:39:03 AM »

Hi All

Would anyone have a pair of grip straps (situated internally above rear doors) for an FE in Summit Blue please?

Cheers........Ken
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »

Hi ken, sorry dont have them in blue but i am quite confident that i still have a pair floating around the garage, pretty certain they are black.
drop me a pm if i can help out.

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 12:31:51 AM »

Ken,

I've got some Summit Blue material if that's any help to you.  I wouldn't think they'd be too hard to get though.  There were a lot of ST blue and 2T blue FEs made with this interior.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 02:25:37 AM »

Ken, you may also broaden the scope of your search to include FC, FB, EK, EJ, EH, HD & HR models as I think they are all the same?
You could probably get away with just about any blue as they are far enough away from the seat not to be too obvious.
Gary
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 02:31:05 AM by zulu » Logged
Ken's 57
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 06:01:25 AM »

Thanks everyone. I'll hold out to see if I can locate a pair of originals or some later model ones as Gary suggested. Unfortunately the previous owner decided that red would look better than blue so I have original Summit Blue and Cosmos Grey trim in reasonably good condition except for bright red grip straps. MMMM! if anyone has any to sell I can be contacted on (02) 4995 9200.

Cheers.......Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 02:27:59 AM »

Ken,

Unless you think you're likely to find someone in the market for some bright red panic straps, read on....

In the absence of anything else, you could take the out, and spray them with some appropriate blue vinyl paint.  At least they wouldn't stand out like the proverbial.

I've got an originally burgundy HK console in my modified that I sprayed blue about 15 years ago.  It's only just starting to show some of the red colour in places now.  I did the same with some green armrests quite successfully.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ken's 57
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 08:11:26 AM »

Thanks RET. That will suffice until I can get some originals - and it's got to look better than red. Now to change the other things that are red!!!

Cheers....Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: