FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:59:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: this is my last one  (Read 5334 times)
holden1959fc

Model: FC

I finally got my FC going on

Leo stibbard
View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 08:43:57 AM »

Hi all just got started on my last retoration job. A 59 FC. I would like to start by thanking some of the guys on here for posting all the little tips that they found help them when they started out. Over the last 2 days I hae convinced my girlfriend to let me use her shed on the farm to do the job. I have removed all the hang on parts and assessed them to see what I can reuse. I have been pretty lucky here I recon and looking at some of the jobs on here I recon very lucky..... Today took all the front end off and today I am lucky enough to have my young fella home to give me a hand. He is very keen to be part of this and as it is his first resto I am sure he will get the bug...... Is that a good thing HMMMMMM we will see in years to come.  I will post some photos as soon as I get my head around the computer. Off to the shed now to clean up the front end ready for powder coating....

If I ain't crusin in my FC then I must be at work.....
Ballarat area
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »

Good stuff mate...even better to get your son into the journey, it's a bit like surfing, a great and healthy way to enjoy your spare time..even more learning skills he will use all his life.... showing him with hard work, thought and skill all things can be achieved possible to get the job done

must be a buzz to see the excitement in your son's eyes.... enjoy the time with your son.... wait till you see his eye's light up with joy when nearly at the end of the re-build  you start it up...it will be worth more than gold

look forward to reading your journey and the pics to gives all a sneaky peak   Tongue

enjoy this great task and pleasure..even more to bring back to life a FC

"Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley   even though it's a FC they still both rock !! Tongue Tongue

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
holden1959fc

I finally got my FC going on

Leo stibbard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:08:50 PM »

Thanks mate for the kind words... The young fella got the bug the moment I took it off the trailor. The car has been sitting for a few months waiting till I had the time off word to strip it down to a shell and roll it on it's side. just got the diff off and now she is ready to go over.... Any one with a rotisserie that is not in use PM me.... Young fella wanted to bring the class home yesterday from school to show them what he has been doing..... The teacher was laughing when she told me cause he has been talking about it all day.... I told him he can take some pictures in when I work out how to uplaod them... Pictures will be on soon but till them... go ing to go and roll around on the floor of the shed for a few hours.... cheers

If I ain't crusin in my FC then I must be at work.....
Ballarat area
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »

Classic!! How old is he??? Its great that that he likes working on the cars. I've got two teenage girls and they just think I'm crazy.
Bring on the pictures Smiley
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »

How's the Resto going over there Mate ? your Son enjoying the learning curve ? any pics of your progress ?

be great to see how things are going

"Have a great holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: