FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:29:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Changes on the boards  (Read 2545 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: September 05, 2002, 11:25:36 PM »

Over the last couple of weeks there have been a number of major and minor revisions to the Forum.  I've mentioned a few of them in the "News" section that appears on the front page, but here is some more detail, if you're interested.

1.  Members can upload files in posts.  Max 64kb, only JPEG, GIF, DOC, XLS, PDF documents, or archives in ZIP or SIT format.  Anything inappropriate will be deleted, and try to keep your images small!  This function has been in place for only a couple of weeks, and already the space allocated for attachments (2MB) is more than half full.  If you're posting a pile of photos from a run or event, consider using StarPhoto.

2.  Banner Ads appear everywhere.  At the bottom of every page you will see ads appearing now.  By placing them at the bottom rather than the top (and bottom), I hope they're less intrusive.  YMMV.  There's a thread in the Rant section called "Annoying Pop-ups" that discusses the ads further.

3.  When replying to a thread, the thread summary that appears under the box where you type your reply is now sorted in reverse chronological order.  So the most recent reply prior to the one you are composing is at the top, and the first post at the bottom.  This means less scrolling up and down to see what the last person (that presumably you're replying to) wrote.

4.  Board indexes now show the date a thread was started, in addition to when the last post was, so you can see you long a discussion has been going.

5.  Board indexes now show a picture or paperclip icon to identify that they contain attachments or links to images.

6.  You won't see this one per se, but a heap of logging information and usage tracking (that I never looked at anyway Roll Eyes) has been turned off, making the boards significantly faster.

Enjoy,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2002, 04:24:27 AM »

Thanks Richard.
The improvements are outstanding.
Keep up the good work.
Regards
Alex

Doin the cowappydance!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2002, 04:27:48 AM by custom_fc » Logged

normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2002, 11:39:03 AM »

Hi RET
       Geez mate ,  when do you get time to work on the FC     hehe    

We all appreciate  the work you put in.

Norm d

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2002, 03:01:18 AM »

FC?  Hchhh ptoooie! Tongue Wash your mouth out with soap.  It's an FE, and I don't ever find time to work on it, forum or not.  Must have something to do with 2 kids 2 and under :-/

Most of the work on these boards I do on the train to and from work.  The joys of a Unix-based laptop, eh?  If it wasn't for that quiet hour each way, it simply wouldn't happen.  I might get a chance to do the NSW Club magazine as well if only I could carry the printer and the scanner on the train as well Roll Eyes

Thanks for your kind words.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2002, 08:54:19 AM »

Hi RET
       I bow my head in shame  Lips sealed  sorry    FE ,   my FC has an FE grill ,   does that get us back on talkin' terms  hehehe
       Know the trouble with garbage disposals (kids)  I got "3"     Shocked

Keep up the great work mate  

Norm d

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: