FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:29:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Unusual FB coupe on ebay  (Read 25012 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 08:26:55 PM »

Relisted with a "Buy it Now" of $10,000

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110059363412

minifcvan
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 10:15:40 AM »

hi all..
         Was it this post he left over?? or a number of things?? i guess now he's not coming back we'll never know .....
              cheers mark
fb_cruzn

fc's are cool but gotta love the fb

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 11:09:53 AM »

hey guys, iv been talking to some of the older locals (cowra) about this car, it was built and owned by a local cowra man. megsy clements is his name, a mate of mine looked at the car a few years ago and was told he could HAVE it! he left it there because it was a "real dodgy chop"
he said the chop was done and no one would pass it for rego.

westy
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 10:08:12 PM »

hi all..
         Was it this post he left over?? or a number of things?? i guess now he's not coming back we'll never know .....
              cheers mark

Mark, by the looks of it, it was over RET comments about the possibilty of registering the car. I thought it was a bit weird Harko spitting it like that though.

The arguement continues over the road -
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1364

choppedek
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 05:38:10 AM »

Seems to be the usual thing in these types of discussions. Everybody knows all -  Lips sealed ALL.
If your an engineer, then you would know that once a vehicle has a report it stays with that registration, whether in a shed, on display or on the road. If its written off then no report. Simple. Ring the Rego Dept and they will tell you same thing.

See ya on the other side Harko. Seems i'll be joining you also. Sick of reading the same crap all the time.
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 05:52:10 AM »

Damn Straight!

NEW FORUM RULE -
Everybody is to keep their opinions to themselves from now on.  Tongue
Makes moderating easy too  Grin

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 06:04:47 AM »

ok mr Chopped Ek...

on my NSW rego label it specifies a condition.

it actually references the engineers report number.

if my rego lapses for over 3 months then i need a blue slip.
if no changes are made, then the report should be Ok. Agreed.

if however, the RTA suddenly deems v8 conversions too large and my vehcile is out of rego (over 3 months), then I am in a bit of bother aren't i? regardless of safe report or none.

now if rego never lapses then I think I am safe.

ok in the case of this EK, rego has long lapsed, the engineer signatory may not be recognised by the states rego authority.

what now?  you would need a new engineers report and a blue slip (in NSW).  recently I sat in the chair next to the blue slip signatory who looked up my engineer on the list of approved engineering signatories.

does the EK in question have a report signed off by an approved signatory which is current?  if it does, I will gladly pull my head in.

otherwise I believe the car will not be registerable in most states of Australia.

if you guys disagree with me that is fine, afterall it is a discussion.  You are more than welcome here.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 07:16:41 AM »

If your an engineer, then you would know that once a vehicle has a report it stays with that registration, whether in a shed, on display or on the road. If its written off then no report. Simple. Ring the Rego Dept and they will tell you same thing.

ONCE A VEHICLE HAS A REPORT.  No argument, in agreement 100%.  The point is that proof of previous registration does not equal an engineer's report.

What is it about that simple statement that invokes such emotion? FIIK.

I dunno what state you're from, choppedek, but it is certainly possible for two quite different opinions to be simultaneously correct.  Rules vary from state to state.  I'm pretty confident of my position as far as NSW rules are concerned, but I appreciate things are done differently elsewhere.  I am also well aware that you've already marched off in high dudgeon, so I might be wasting my breath.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 07:42:31 AM »

It is interesting to note that in the relist he dropped the reference to and the photo of the previous rego papers.

Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 08:03:50 AM »

In the original listing, the picture of the rego papers shows a Grey Motor number, starting with a B.  The car was not even legal with the red motor.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
lovemyfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 08:38:35 AM »

Hello.
No the car would not be legal as stands.
Registered with old grey but has red motor.
Engineers cert is only for grey engine not for red, so yes it will need to be re-engineered.
As far as state engineering goes - all states are different. So basicly what i am saying is everybody stating facts about engineers reports are correct, but remember you are all in different states, i presume.

Back in its hey day, it was a very impressive car, compared to today's standards. Straight line of course, not to good in the turn circle dept.

So to cut it short - unless you have alot of money to restore this piece of history to put back on the road, bid.

My opinion would be to restore it as is and display it for all to see what yesteryear customising was all about.
fb_cruzn

fc's are cool but gotta love the fb

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 09:30:14 AM »

iv been talking to my mate that knows the man that choped it up! it was done between rego checks, once done no one would pass it, thats y rego expired in the first place! red was put in years later!

i stand to be corrected, but my mate has known this man for years.
just trying to shed some light on it, id hate to see someone buy it in say wa/sa and when it turns up its only worth its weight in scrap! perish the thought Sad

westy
Russ

mmm dohnuts

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 10:58:07 AM »

You can tellits getting close to christmas everone is on edge, come on every one in for a big group hug..... if not build a bloody bridge (with or without engineering) and get over it   Grin

Ps go the Aussies and XXXX is not the best beer. Tongue

Ford boy with a FC weakness!!!
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 12:17:53 PM »

I did not think my simple post would invoke this much debate.
The simple answer is that if you are considering buying this car, print out the pics and description, pick up the phone, make an appointment with your local engineer and ask HIM/HER.
I would not pay what I consider (my opinion) too much $$$$ for a car in that condition.

Russ....
Ps go the Aussies and XXXX is not the best beer.

are you trying unite us, or stir a different pot?  Grin

Maco
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2006, 09:15:51 AM »

Jim,

I did not spit the DUMMY, and I do not believe I am a DH.

Cheers
John Huh

Better in Green
minifcvan
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2006, 09:42:25 AM »

THIS IS ALL STARTING TO GET BORING.. NEXT TOPIC PLEASE Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
TAYZ
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2006, 02:14:23 PM »

I think its a good looking piece of history but for $10,000-................ good luck to him for trying though.  Im dissapointed its caused debate this thread.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinon so i dont see why people have to get dirty.  If everyone thought the same it would be a boring world, wouldnt it??!!!!!!!

tayzz
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2006, 12:33:37 AM »

It's amazing how a simple chat can get a little heated... The car personally not my cup of tea, end of story. As for the forum, people come and go... There is none better so they come back, we have about 1600 registered users but how many actually visit on a regular basis 200? All in all i'm here to learn as well as laugh and without debate like this how can we learn.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2006, 04:50:23 AM »

Hi All,
He is trying his luck, hoping some patsy will pay $10k for a car that will not pass rego. It MAY have in it's day, but I doubt it. Even here in Tassie, where the rego laws are pretty easy going, that thing would not get through. But like Alex said, if you wanted to find out, call an engineer. Easy.
I don't think RET said anything bad & I am very sorry Harko has gone, but we all have different opinions, we all know what WE say is RIGHT & to be honest, that is what makes things interesting.
Wouldn't it be really boring, if all of us sat around agreeing about everything 100% of the time? I am sure there are people on here who have lots of beefs with others. I certainly find some of the people on here boring, but I am sure they find me a loud mouthed prat!! There would be no point of a "Discussion Forum", as there wouldn't be different opinions or tastes.

As for the car, I would like it, just to restore & have as a bit of fun. I would put a shit hot Grey in it, tub it a little & make it do wheel stands at the drags!! Just for fun, as I KNOW i would never get it registered. Saying that, I think it is a $2000 car. I could get a wreck from the local wreckers here & F**K it right up just like that one for less than $2,000. Saying that, I might just do it. But to a WAGON!!!

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2006, 06:05:17 AM »

they find me a loud mouthed prat!!

Sure Rob, just to be boring, I agree  Tongue  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up