FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 09:37:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE wagon wheel compartment lid  (Read 1769 times)
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:57:27 AM »

I am repro'ing the spare wheel compartment lid and am wondering how to get the metal ring pull which is a 'u' shape in section into the hole in the new plywood lid I have made?
I am also missing one of the 2 metal brackets at the rear of the lid (the one secured with 2 bolts/nuts), if anyone has one for sale? Huh
Cheers,
R.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2025?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2025?
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:07:22 AM »

Rabbitoh. The metal ring is actually brass [could be thin stainless from memory], & tapered. This is how I fitted mine-- Drill a hole the size of the bottom[inner] measurement. Then with a course round rasp file gradually file out the taper until the thing fits. I then super-glued it in place once it fitted correctly. Remember to tuck the trim underneath first. Cheers Old-Blu.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 05:58:36 AM »

Thanks for that Old-Blu.
Can you (or anyone else)  fill me in on the function of the two small rectangular (bolted) brackets at the front edge of the underside of the lid?
Are they just to help locate & secure the lid? (If so, are they meant to fit neatly against the metal edge of the floor opening?)
There are also two bent tabs at the rear edge which probably do the same thing when you have the lid up scrounging for the spare tyre etc.
R.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2025?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2025?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: