FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:13:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Finally  (Read 13508 times)
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 08:57:34 AM »

A good mate of mine is a mobile mechanic, you could give him a ring if you like, Paul 0419 437 475, tell him Shane sent you.... Wink

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 11:01:29 AM »

;)As i know that fc very well i can say that the crossplys on it were very old and that i wouldnt have been the brake fluid that caused the tyre to deflate,its just the old tyres,if your concerned about it you could put a set of vice grips on the rubber hose on the drivers side near the diff that should stop the flow of brake fluid,then buy some new wheel cylinders for the rear and when fitted  should solve the leak problem!!the workshop manual will tell you how to do this simple job!!why did you pull the master cylinders off out of the engine bay?as the clutch one was full and the brake one had leaked out via the wheel cylinder,but still probably both still working!!if you are on a tight budget i suggest you only fix things that are knackered for now as a full restoration done by tradesmen could cost you up to $30.000!!for 2 grand you will be pushing to get the rust fixed properly unless you do it yourself,if you have no idea then its best to talk to a few people before you hand over hard earned cash!!cheers jamie
trip8426

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

lol The brakes actually arn't working at all. I thought it might have been the master cylinders because every now and then the clutch also slips and sticks. Im going to get a friend of mine to look at them. If its not them could it be somewhere along the lines?Huh Are they prone to blockage or something? When craig alderson had a look at the car im sure he said that the master cylinder needed a new sleeve and that the wheel cylinder needed replacing. Im guessing brake pro could put the new sleeve in for me?
  Thanks Srvlives i'll ring him as soon as my exams are over.
Once the brakes are done ill send her off to get the rust work started. It feels good to get the project started. :-)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 06:45:23 AM »

get those brakes ready mate and you'll be able to stop it while you steer it! Wish I had a rolling resto.

trip8426

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 09:52:51 AM »

Yay uni had finished so its fc time for the holidays. Im looking foward to many days in the sun with the old girl, oh and with the car to  Wink .
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 02:24:56 AM »

Hey Trip,

If your clutch is sticking and slipping you may find the pressure plate and or flywheel are greasy/dirty.  I haven’t experienced this myself, but when I was putting on a new clutch and had the flywheel shaved, many people recommended I ensure they were both clean as possible to prevent exactly that.

I just gave them both a good spray with parts cleaner until they were spotless and I haven't had a problem.

There could be more to it but that’s my 2c.

Nice work by the way:).

Cheers,

Phil
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: