FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 03, 2024, 04:18:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1966 HR station wagon For Sale  (Read 6314 times)
loock

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2006, 07:06:14 AM »

We are selling our family car  Cry after nearly 6 years. It was bought at a  private sale from a bloke who took it home off a movie set in Qld over 15 years ago making  it here to Perth WA. She is a renovators delight, light blue with white roof station wagon, with 8HR number plates and floor 3 speed gears. It has since had new tyres; air brakes; rear air shocks and springs; the engine is a very reliable red 172: new plugs & exhaust, and thus she has never broken down. The roof was new 4 years ago, the body has some rust which has been part of the reno plans, but due to children and work became a low priority, now the job must go to a more committed HR lover. Any further queries don't hesitate to contact me, Coralee  Cheesy
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 02:18:41 AM »

Air Brakes and a 172 red motor .... Huh??

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 03:11:56 AM »

It's like I tell my wife Slim, what's one inch less.... Wink

loock

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 12:16:02 PM »

Roll Eyes Are ya interested or just bored? Obviously i know nothing, only repeating wot a bloke like yrselves explained who knows more about engines than a chick like myself, and i may have it wrong but i can send your a foto, or 3? If it makes you happy? Oh, and an inch is an inch... Wink
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:18:47 PM »

Slim,
I reckon air brakes setup would be for trailer (caravan) given that it has air shockies (presumably for towing).

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:26 AM »

hmmm,
        so size does matter,my minus
has been lying then dam,  Tongue.

p.s thanks but you may want to
try the 48-78 early holden car club
nsw or hd-hr car clubs of any state
for a better chance of a sale.
                                             col. Wink

loock

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 09:04:10 AM »

Hiya, thanks for the info. Do you have an email address of the recommended HR contacts? I am offering $2000, I have done some checking and believe I have been informed wrong as the engine  is orange a ?173  :-/still not positive on that either, and the brakes are disc brakes, i am now going to obviously ask you guys if i need to know anything eh...  Grin
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 09:43:09 AM »

I like a witty reply loock .
The blokes on here are a bit rough on the new comers hehe .
Its like a gang in here  Roll Eyes .
The engine may be visually orange loock but the reference to a red motor covers a wide range of engine sizes and years of manufacture , In actual fact you could pop the bonnet and look at a green motor exclaiming "Thats a red motor"
173 sounds perfect and disk brakes are good too .
$2000 sounds very expensive because its not what we like  Grin FEs FCs .
Its always good to go to the source www.hdhrholden.com but great you have let us know also , I have a mate who is looking for a wagon and I will let him know of your add however we are on the East side.
Hope thats helpfull
loock

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 12:48:42 PM »

Wink Yr a win on Harko I like yr style...Thanks for the encouragement, of course the price is very negotiable and being in the West is a real disadvanage yeah...I will try the web site you gave us and sit tight, trying to hang in there for her to go to a good home. Went to the Holden wreckers to see about parts and ? if they were interested in buying her, they offered $700 for 'her' parts! was all they wanted Shocked. They busy doing up other cars and not able to take the job on bla bla  Cry  Anyways will check in again... Roll Eyes Thanks blokes, this is kinda cool...  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: