FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:34:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What acrylic guns are you using?  (Read 2267 times)
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2006, 08:34:37 AM »

Although I am using 2k primers I will be painting with acrylic, I still havent buaght a gun yet for acrylic and was thinking of buying a iwata suction feed w-77 2.0mm gun wich is on specail at the moment for $150 wich is nearly half price.
I am pretty sure this is what I used the first time I painted the car, it went the whole way through the job without any problem but these guns have been around forever and I thought maybe now there might be better guns for the same money.
so has any one used a good reliable gun for acrylic that didnt cost heaps, I dont want any stuff ups when I apply the pearl and will be doing it at home with a small compressor,  I think its about 60-80 litres and 3 hp, I cant find any specs on the compressor.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 09:15:02 PM »

hey Leon,

im using and have used  a Star gravity feed.

2.0mm seems a large fluid tip to use for colour, I think 1.6mm may be the way to go, especially as you are going to thin down 1:1.5.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Rob_FE_56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:42:47 AM »

G'day Leon,
Like Ed said 1.6 mm would be good. Most good colour guns are around 1.4 -1.6 mm.
2 mm would be ok for primer or spray putty if you thin it out a little bit. I have a gravity fed Star putty gun with a 3 mm nozzle, you can just about drive a train through it. I think it's rated in gallons per hour lol!
I use a 1.4mm star suction fed gun for 2-pack and acrylic colour and have been very happy with the results of both.
Cheers, Rob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: