FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:03:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: blue motor head on red motor block  (Read 2688 times)
fb123

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:34:58 AM »

i currently have a supercharged red motor with a 350 holly. i am looking to put vk injection on it. is it possible to use the red head as is or if not can i put a blue motor head on the red motor block with minimal modifications?
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 01:58:25 AM »

hi there, unfortunately from advice i have been given you cant use the red head with the VK efi. it is due to the fact that the red heads use siamese ports, the best thing to do is to use a 12 port head from a blue motor use the head gasket from the blue 202 and place this on your red block. you will notice that there will need to be 4 holes drilled into the block. this is for the water jackets. there is also a couple of holes present in the block which will need to be blocked off as the water jackets in the 202 are different from that of the red 186's.

although if you are just going to use the intake manifold from the VK for the super charger and run a carby then you can get away with using the red head. these manifolds give excellent low to mid range torque.

but one thing you may have to do is to very slightly modify the firewall for clearance of the VK manifold.

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: