FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:13:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 2212 times)
jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2006, 08:27:39 AM »

Ive just had a look at an FC that is possibly for sale.It is fairly sad bodywise,but appears to be all there.It is a 2 door wagon,with rear seats and fixed windows for the rear passengers,but has a panel van rear.The owner has started rust repairs,how good they are i cant tell.He was going to rod it,but is now undecided.It looks factory,and has small vents in the bodywork where the side rear windows normally live in a normal station wagon.Mechanically not great,half an engine with a couple of heads chucked in the back,but all chrome,windows etc are included.He has an HR drum front end as well,mirrors,and various other parts as well.My question is,is this thing rare,and would it be worth looking further into it.I dont really want it myself(although the chromed instrument cluster and glovebox lid are way nice)but if any of you guys are interested let me know and i shall give you his details.The guy is cagey regarding what he wants for it,im still a novice at this stuff and i dont want to lead either him or any of you guys astray.Anyway,it sure looks like a very interesting project,and in the right hands this could be one very nice car.I can get id plate details as well.
                             Cheers...Jimmys 57
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 08:45:43 AM »

some id plates would be geat and some pics as well. and where it is situated

cheers fatboy

fatboy
jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 08:57:55 AM »

Hey Fatboy.....its on Tamborine mountain Qld,about half an hour due west of the gold coast.....im going to Sydney for the weekend,but ill get some info next week........Cheers Jimmys57
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

Interesting variation on a panel van/ station wagon.
Going back a few years I found a totally decimated 3 door wagon/ panelvan in the bush. It was a station wagon on the left side and a panel van on the right.
The only thing I could salvage from it was the id tag. I've still got it somewhere.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 11:54:27 PM »

From the description it sounds like a panel van conversion, which was not uncommon.  The ID tag would tell you for sure.

Wagons were quite a bit more expensive than panel vans, and some dealers sold vans with windows and rear-seat as an option.  These generally had sliding windows in the rear, but not always.

Addo, those 3-door vans were modified by a coach-builder in Melbourne (and possibly others) and used as ambulances etc.  They're pretty rare.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 08:34:59 AM »

Hey all.....im gonna see the guy on Saturday,ill get pics and id numbers and post em..(if i can finally figure out how to do it)...saw his wife today,apparently he got all fired up after i saw him last Friday and spent the whole weekend working on her,again,i dont know the quality of his work but he seems genuine enough....Cheers Jimmys57
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: