FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:56:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Kustom magazine  (Read 5054 times)
TAYZ
« on: May 20, 2006, 08:22:04 AM »

Hello there Fc freaks FYI,
                                For all the kustom freaks out there  (Shane leon jamie etc..)  there is a new magazine out now called HOTROD REVIVAL(custom cars and rods)  It is an aussie mag and hopefully it may be an on going publication.  It really has some great pics so it is definatley worth having a look at, its a bit pricey at $12.99 but i bought it all the same as i will probably read it for the next 20 years!!   Cheers

TAYZ
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 08:25:17 AM »

Tayz,
        Thats quite a good magazine, bought it about a week ago. Looks as though its a mag purely published full of pics from car shows/drags.

$12.95, well worth it i rekon.. quite a lotta custom cars from Johns Picnic and also the kustom nats!! Cool
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 08:26:45 AM by torquefc » Logged

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 09:50:13 AM »

Apparently it will be produced twice a year, good luck to them.

I haven't picked up my copy yet, sorta blown the book buying budget this month...  Embarrassed

HARKO
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 10:04:34 AM »

Good stuff ,I'll have to pull the old girl out in the morning and take a run down to the news stand.
Tays why no mention of me in that crew  Cry Cry Cry
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 10:12:15 AM »

Harko - aka - etc

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

Tays why no mention of me in that crew  Cry Cry Cry

I heard you're a gold chainer now? Roll Eyes

HARKO
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 02:12:45 AM »

lol no no its just a big FC ,I just hope I can still run the grey motor and crash box with such a heavy load  Grin ,Cant find the magazine either ,anyone able to scan the cover ?
TAYZ
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 02:46:13 AM »

Harko,
           Sorry i missed your name in the above post!  I would scan the cover but Im so bloody hopeless with computers.......     Any decent news agent should stock it.  Whats happening with your green sedan??  is it back together yet??  mine is about to go some major treatment hopefully.... and lower
                                                      TAYZ
paul59

paul59

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 05:10:19 AM »

worth a look and some great images of custom cars

fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 05:32:11 AM »

might have to grab one before they dissapear, are there any holdens in it?
little story about the buick on the cover, it seems to hit the road a bit, belongs to Craig fontain from the central coast, used to have a straight 8 but now I think its just got a small block, but anyway me and my mate who had a EK mild custom were one night on the Newcastle freeway, fully getting in to it weaving around each other hitting the flamethrowers and stuff as we passed all the cars on the freeway like we owned the freeway when from out of nowere that buick come flying up between us, with its roaring straight 8 and fire pouring out the back from its dual exhuast between all the caddy tail lights.
Since we werent going to slow he turned of about 25 minutes later at the central coast but it was a very cool 25 minutes with the three of us tearing up the freeway, he seemed to have light coming up from the footwell area the came upwards like when you stick a torch under your chin. Looked pretty good on the freeway in the dark.
There seems to be some good magazines getting into the newsagencies now like rodn kulture and car kulture deluxe wich was previously only available from USA. I just bought a new tv from the markets and got it home, plugged it in tuned the statoins and found a new community channel, the programon was called rodders life and they were doing some structual modificatoins to a car, i couldnt beleive it, free to air tv with useful and interesting info seen for the first time in my life. now foxtel is on so i am watcing american hot rod. there seems to be no shortage of magazines and tv programs and websites for those interested in hot rods and custom cars, only thing that we dont see much of is the actual cars driving around on the road. These shows and magazines must have a growing audience, maybe heaps of people have cars under constructoin and one day cars of the 40's and 50's will rule the streets again.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
ok, better quit dreeming now.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 05:48:57 AM by fccool59 » Logged

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
TAYZ
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 02:38:37 AM »

Im with you there Leon!

TAYZ
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 06:20:48 AM »

Bought a copy today, its bigger than your usual magazine, more like a book of pictures, havent had time to go through it, guess it will give me something to do at lunch at work tomorrow while everyone reads those weird modern motorish magazines.

HARKO
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 06:00:36 AM »

Im guessing its a concept from Chopper ,Looking at his point of veiw I reckon he nailed it perfectly .
Timeless - and I didnt have to read much  Grin

Leon think how much all the everyday goons in there modern metal coffins miss out on - sure wish I was there with ya. Timings everything in life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: