FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:11:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stock FC Wagon For Sale  (Read 3428 times)
craiga
« on: April 19, 2006, 06:28:40 AM »

Regretfully I have decided to sell my stock FC Wagon.

Date of Man: June 1959

Colours: Teal Blue over Cambridge Blue

History:
Car was purchased by me around 2 1/2 years ago from the original owners 80 year old wife. The car had been used as the family car from new up until the time of her husband's death, some 30 years ago. The car was then used sparingly, basically parked until when I purchased it. It has around 100 000 miles from new. This is not verifiable as the family retained purchase papers and other related documents. This car was much loved by the family, the mother and daughter were both crying as it left.

Condition:
Car is VERY stock original, NO modifications at all EXCEPT bolt on drivers side mirror which I fitted.

Exterior:
Paint is mostly original so is reasonable to good in places, but reasonably poor in others. Because the car spent a period covered with flanalette sheets the paint on the roof has sweated, leaving some marks. This is also noticeable on the upper areas of one guard and the bonnet. If you want a perfect car, it needs a repaint. If you want an original car with perfect patina, this is it.

Car has very very little rust, especially for an FC wagon. The only area I have found remaining is a small (1 cent size) area in the spare tyre compartment, next to the fuel outlet hose.

Under the car is very clean and retains all factory paint daubs from production line.

Car has minor dents, very few, and only scrapes from old bloke syndrome. Brightwork is good, and all there.

Interior:
This is the cars best feature. Original floor mats are in good serviceable condition (except below drivers feet), door trims and seats are very good, armrests are typically worn but comes with a NOS set in correct colour to repair. Has original period underdash radio in working condition.

Dash and dash top paint is worn, gauge surround is stuffed (sun damage) but comes with a new (good quality repro) Rare's fibreglass unit.

Load area is in good condition, as is roof lining however there is a minor repairable tear above the rear compartment.

Car has no seatbelts as per factory. It also has a fairly complete original toolkit and bag, as well as correct bottle jack and handle.

Repairs:
After I secured the car I carried out work as follows:
New clutch
New wheel cylinder kits
New crossply tyres
New kingpin on drivers side
New wheel bearings at front
New brakes shoes
Replaced head gasket
Head service
New plugs/points (has original style plug leads)
Replaced water pump (good S/H unit used)
Replaced lower drivers side guard panel
Replaced front 6" of drivers side outer and inner sill, including fabricated lower A pillar
(here is a picture of the repair, complete guard has now been painted in original colour to remove paint imperfections shown in photo)

Fitted sealed beam headlights
Refurbished drag link with Rares kit
New Idler arm
and other areas that I have forgotten.

Engine is an FB reco exchange engine, replaced at an unknown time. The picture is when I took the head off to get it serviced, the bores still had cross hatch marks, and no wear lip. Valves were clean and unburnt.

Car drives VERY VERY well for an original FC. Cruises easily at 60 MPH, steering light and direct, everything works as it should.

I am not asking stupid money for this car, as I want to sell it. If you have a desire to own a complete, basically one owner STOCK FC wagon, and keep it that way then send me a P.M, call me on 0407 321 600, or email me at Craig_Alderson@yahoo.com.au and we'll discuss price and arrange a time for inspection. This type of original/authentic type car should not be wasted by a modifier/customiser. I respect peoples choice to do that, but there are other cars to do that to. Members of the NSW FE FC Club I'm sure will vouch for both the originality and condition of this vehicle.

The car can be sold without rego (it currently has club rego in my name) or with full NSW rego. This can be negotiated with interested parties.

Car is to replaced with later model collectable, so geniune reason for selling.

This wagon is perfect for an easy & quick restoration for the upcoming 2008 Nats - the 50th birthday of the FC Holden.

Thanks for reading.

Craig.

craiga
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:55:55 AM »

Wagon is sold

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Best news it is to a gentleman who will respect it for its 'stockness'.

Poo Mobile is to be parked & stored, new later model to be sourced.

Will post a photo when I succeed in my search. Fingers crossed it should be soon.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:01:06 AM by craiga » Logged
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:03:28 AM »

wow that was quick  Shocked Shocked

and the new owner is....? Roll Eyes Cool

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
craiga
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:09:51 AM »

Darcy,

It was quick because it was excellent value, and its the new owners right to decide when he makes it known.

As I said, at least it went to someone who will look after it properly as authentic cars are absolute treasures and need to be saved.

Cheers,

Craig.

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 10:36:48 AM »

its good to hear that it went to a good home, will just have to wait and see who bought it i spose   Tongue Grin

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: