FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 07:35:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Price Advice FC wagon  (Read 2013 times)
buddha

Metrosexual???? ? Nah, Retrosexual!!!

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2006, 06:53:52 AM »

Hi all Cheesy

I have found a wagon in my local area that is up 4 sale.
I need advice on how much to offer for this car, because the guy will not give me a price but would rather me make him an offer. I don't think this guy is up to date with the value of early holdens so I was going to offer a price around $4000.Its two tone blue, really straight and 99% rust free. The paint is reasonable but will need a repaint to look nice.
:grey motor, twin carbs, extractors and exhaust
:interior is pretty rough but all there
:needs new rubber kit
: all striping flashes and badges are present
:lowered with nice widened rims, tyres on the way out
:runs and drives well
: chrome work is powder coated, old and rough
: comes with spare chrome (2b rechromed)
:spare doors tailgate rims and bits and pieces
Everything on the car works nicely and he is selling it registered and roadworhty.
Would $4000 insult him or would he jump at it.
I have only ever been involved with Eh's and $4000 would be a steal, but in Qld everything Eh is pricey.

Looking forward to your advice guys. Keep up the good work on the forum I really enjoy it all, especially the arguements.

Andrew

FC's...... Chix diggit!
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 07:00:17 AM »

Gday Andrew,
Car sounds okay, but hard to tell by reading about it on the internet.
If the bloke is selling the car, he obviously has a price.  He is the one playing a game- tell him you are interested in the car (if you seriously are) and offer him $2500.  That way at least the onus is back on him.  Don't fall into the trap of offering him $4000 if he only wants $3500 for it!  I reckon $4000 might be about the money going by your description, but you can hardly work the price down if you've already offered that.

You need to decide if you will be happy with the car 'as is' or if you want to tidy it up.  From your description you could be up for rubber kit, rechrome, paint (and any body repairs once you have a look), and tyres.  This will make any price you paid for the car pale into significance anyway. Wink
Good luck with it,
Shayne (seller of nice Blue and white FC Wagon unregistered in Queensland recently)  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 07:03:34 AM by shayne » Logged

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:43:17 AM »

I too hate the game of make me an offer... So I agree go for about $2500,  then go from there. I'm am sure he will come back with a counter if you insult him... Not your fault though when you don't have an idea what he is asking to start with.

Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:32:33 AM »

Offer him $500. Then when he gets the sh&ts up, point out, that if was at all serious about selling & not just stuffing you around, he would state the price he was expecting/wanting. Guys that do that give me the shites. If they can't give me a price on something, I tell them to call me when they decide, as I just don't bother.
He is hoping you are a numbnut & going to offer twice as much as it is worth.

Only sounds like a $2000 - $2500 car to me & that is if it is exactly the way you describe it.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
fc_1958

FC5959

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 12:35:08 PM »

I agree with Hammer.  Start at $2000 and point out the cost of rubber kit, tyres and interior refurbishment and anything else that looks like it needs attention Grin . You can always go up in your offer.

If you offer 4K and he jumps at it you will wonder what was his price  Huh Huh
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 12:36:27 PM by fc_1958 » Logged

Andrew..... AKA   FB 60 on the "other" forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: