FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:26:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Commodore fuel pump query (FC related)  (Read 2359 times)
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2006, 10:58:10 AM »

An unusual question I know, but does anyone know if this VS fuel pump is installed in the right position.  The bolt spacing allows if to sit in any location and with this particular tank, I am left with two options.  From memory, this is the way that it sits.  Unfortunately I don’t have access to a Commodore to take a look and I would like to cut a section of the boot floor tomorrow morning.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 11:25:37 AM »

;)Chuck ,from memory it will depend if the pickup is facing up or down and i would say looking at your pic that is the way they are set up on commodores,they can really only go one way as the pump-pick up must be facing down in the tank,if you get what i mean,so id say youve got it spot on!!cheers jamie Wink
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 11:06:55 AM »

Looking at the picture it appears to be upside down as all pumps i have replaced in commodores had the tubes (inlet/outlet) facing towards the left side of the vehicle.The angle of the tube marked delivery seems to be bent upwards away from bottom of the tank and this would have the strainer pickup attached.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 02:37:41 AM »

In the highly unlikely event that anyone is interested, I managed to get a photo of a VS tank today showing the position of the fuel pump.  The lines as labelled on my pump are correct.

Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 03:18:45 AM »

Thank you for clarifying this for us Charles
SCUMMY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 03:02:58 PM »

hi this pic is from my vk it has a vp tank in it looking  up at it flash is not helping
hope this helps
cheers
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 03:04:13 PM by SCUMMY » Logged

Sold The Vk
Sold The HT Prem
Got A Simplicity Ride On Tractor Now
LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)