FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:15:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2 buy or not 2 buy =v8 conversion  (Read 2669 times)
buddha

Metrosexual???? ? Nah, Retrosexual!!!

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2006, 10:34:40 AM »

Hi everyone at the forum I am new here and am about 2 purchase a FC wagon.
Im a tradesman not a mechanic though. I would like to know approx what the $$ to convert a basically standard wagon into a V8. Nothing flash, just a 253 or similar.  If anyone knows someone who can do this conversion in Qld I would be very appreciative of the info. Also is there a Fc club in brisbane? Thanks guys, I'll post some pics when I pick up the wagon. Cheesy Cheesy

FC's...... Chix diggit!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:55:13 AM »

If you don't plan on doing any of the work, I would think that in the region of 5 to 8k would be what you would expect to pay.   Problem is a lot of things need to be modified to fit the v8.  Disc brake front end, rack and pinion steering, rear end, engine and trans mounts, steering column, radiator, wipers along with  a miriad of other little things that cost money.

Ken
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 07:06:32 PM »

Try Randle at APEX Autos his on the Gold Coast but this all he does and is very good at it 5593 4543 Tell him Mark Lees sent you and he will look after you.

Cheers
Sarge

P.S Ken is pretty much on the money with his price.

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
buddha

Metrosexual???? ? Nah, Retrosexual!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 12:59:41 AM »

Thanks Mr T. I'll give him a call and check it out.  Would he source the gear I need is that usually the owners responsibility? Thanks 4 the quick reply, this is truly a great website/forum.

FC's...... Chix diggit!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 02:28:58 AM »

Depends on how much money you want to save.  Sure they will go get all the bits for you, and you will be paying them while they do it.  They might not neccesarily try to find the best price either, just use there usual supplier and pay what he asks.

Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: