FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:35:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Probelms with my FC  (Read 2699 times)
Stray59

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2005, 08:13:45 AM »

Hey Lads,

I have been having problems with fuel dripping out from underneath the carbie. Which causes the car to stall and takes a while for it to get going again.

I have had it looked out 3 times, first 2 they drained the fuel tank because water & crap was in there. The third time, also got it drained, but they put an in-line filter (i think that was it)  on it to catch most of the crap.

I went to take it for a drive tonight, didn't even get it out my drive before it stalled, popped the hood shore enough petrol dripping from the carbie.

How can i fix this.

Cheers
Stray

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »

Often petrol dripping from the carbi can be caused by the bottom plugs in the carbi not being tight or the copper washers on the plugs not being seated properly.Another thing to check is that the screws holding the air horn or top of the carbi over the float bowl are tight.
Cheers,
Graham
TAYZ
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »

Where did you take it to get fixed?  If you cant get it fixed let me know and i can put you onto someone in the old holden club or get one of my mates to have a look at it.  Dont semd me an e-mail as my system uis stuffed at the moment.
                             TAYZ
Al
nsw-club

I love FC Ute's!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 09:42:09 AM »

Stray
         Sounds like the float level is too high causing the motor to flood ( useing more fuel than required ) Ask your mechanic to check float level which is 5/8" from top of fuel to top of carby. Also get him to change the needle and seat ,before he adjs the float level.

Cheers Al
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 07:54:20 PM by Al » Logged

See ya
Al
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 06:54:10 PM »

Stray
   As Graham and Al have said. It could be either of these, It may be worth having somebody rekit the Carbie.

I dont understand how a inline filter and draining the tank will fix a leaking seal or gasket or possible float level on a carbie.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 07:31:38 PM »

I agree, it's most likely either needle & seat or float level too high.

Cheers,

Graham
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 07:43:17 PM »

Sounds like crook needle & seat or sticking float. Suggest you get a clubbie to re-kit the carbie.
Good Luck Old-Blu  [suggest you attend to this ASAP 'cause you know where the dripping fuel drops onto!!!!  ]  kits available from most larger outlets.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 07:51:17 PM by old-blu » Logged

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
Stray59

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 04:29:44 AM »

Cheers Lads,

Really appreciate the help.

I'll look into getting it looked at.

Tayz, I got it fixed (well tried to get it fixed) at John King Automotive on Skipton st. If you can guide me to someone else please do.

Once again thanks

Stray
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: