FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Noisy Diff  (Read 2560 times)
griffo

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2005, 06:43:32 AM »

Gave my FE a trial run today only to find the diff was whining ! ( First checked to see if wife was sitting in back seat, she wasn't ) So I have no idea what to do ,

I Need Help  ?

The car has 202, P/glide and i dont know what size diff,

Griffo,
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 09:36:52 AM »

Have you made sure your oil level in diff is ok? If you have a local mechanic, ask him to check the backlash in the diff.
Colin

colt
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 08:08:31 PM »

;)you sure your mother in law wasnt in the boot!!! i sometimes have this problem,every time my missus gets her out the noise goes away!!!on a serious note might be alot less drama to fit a good second hand one which im sure you could source off this forum at a resonable price!!!theres 2 ways to do it,change the center,which you need to remove the axles,if they come out easy alls good ,if they dont tempers could flare,or just change the whole diff,drum to drum,then you will need to bleed the brakes and mess around with hand brake cables,to me the second method is less hassle,i have a ute diff here going cheap,but maybe Ken or someone can enlighten us on different ratios,i think ute,van,ratios are different to sedans,wagons Wink Wink Wink
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 09:41:01 AM »

All FE and FC had 3.89:1 diff, suggest either 3.36:1 or 3.08:1 for your setup

Ken
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 11:00:39 AM »

when i bought the wagon i was told i needed to replace the diff as it was noisy ( i couldnt hear it over the rattles from the motor ) i installed a stereo system and turned up the volume. this must have fixed the problems because i couldnt hear them and drove it all over the state for 5 years with no problems.
Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: