FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:50:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alex and John's Drag Racing Adventures  (Read 4429 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2005, 08:18:31 AM »

Thought I would share some pics and thoughts on a great day last Sunday.

John and I met up and arrived at the track early. No sooner had we found our pit allocation then it started to rain. A little prayer whilst standing in line at registration seemed to do the trick, as it fined up for the rest of the day. Soon after car inspections (really only # allocation as they did not even pop the bonnet) the cars for the show and shine started to arrive. Spent the next few hours checking out show cars and race cars whilst catching up with mates.
It seemed like forever, but we finally got the call to the staging lanes. Here we go!!
Waiting behind the track was cool, checking out the other cars and sizing up our competitors whilst waiting for our turn. The front engine dragsters  were staged beside us, and it was an extra treat standing there watching these awesome dinosaurs fire into life. They wheeled out to the track, and our vantage point behind the lanes gave us an extra perspective as the tyres were lit up.

Before long it was our turn, and with helmets in place we made our way to the waiting area. You had to keep your eyes open, as it was hard to hear, watching for the signal to move into the burnout position. A further signal was given to light 'em up, and by now I was only happy to oblige. More signals helped us into the staging lights, and now my eyes were focused on the 'christmas tree' and the expected flashing lights. Yellow, Yellow, hit the gas pedal, slip the foot off the clutch, Yellow, Green. Let her rev out, snatch second, more revs then third and finally fourth, there's the finish line, keep the power on till after you cross and now you can coast to the end of the track. I look around, find John on my right and hook around to the return road with a big grin on my face, along with the relief that I did not break anything.

Cruised down the return road in front of the stands and noticed the guys from the club giving the thumbs up and a small round of applause, gave 'em a wave and headed for the pits. Stopped to pick up my timing slip and when I parked the car, took the time to check out my efforts 18.2 @ 75 mph. With the first anxious run out of the way, it was time to wait for the next call to staging......

Would I do it again.....HELL YEH!

Regards
Alex

I just want to say thanks to the guys who helped me out by taking some of these shots for me.

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 08:22:16 AM »

If you want to check out more photos of the Nostalgia Drags, here are the links to my photoalbums
http://photobucket.com/albums/y166/customfc4/NOS%20Drags1/
http://photobucket.com/albums/y166/customfc4/NOS%20Drags2/
May take awhile, there are 174 pics in there.

Regards
Alex

Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 01:44:44 PM »

A great story with terrific pics, Alex.  Well done - and thanks.  I really liked the narrative.

Glad nothing broke.

Cheers,

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Emu

Emu's Ashes pic - Aussies 5-0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 05:33:02 PM »

Great story, beautifully written, excellent pics. You should apply for a job at "Cruizin' " mag!

Thanks Alex

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 06:31:41 PM »

You should apply for a job at "Cruizin' " mag!

Thanks Alex

Nah, he can spell! Tongue

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 01:22:11 AM »

Hey Alex...
Great yarn...! And, as always, excellent pics....!!
Looks like you guys had a blast..

Well done... cheers
Les...

craiga
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 08:26:26 AM »

Guys,

If you want to look at the 'official' photos of the event check out this site http://www.nostalgiadrags.com.au/site/gallery.cfm?srcFolder=20050619

Cheers,

Craig.
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 10:44:03 AM »

Thanks for the links Craig.
If you want to see some more pics from the Nostalgia Drags taken by the trackside photographers, check out these links.

http://www.dragster.com.au/modules/xcgal/thumbnails.php?album=74

Lotsa pics in this one.
http://www.badgerphotography.com.au/Cruzin%20Magazine%20Nostalgia%20Drags%20Page%201.htm

Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: