FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 07:33:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SOME PEOPLE....  (Read 3928 times)
blacky

Model: other Holden

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2004, 09:19:55 PM »

I was up at Mt Magnet on the weekend (about 450 km north east of Perth) and went out to the tip where for years there have been heaps of early holdens , FX to EK mainly , just sitting there , out of the way , doing no harm and some clown has dug a bloody great hole and buried the lot !!!These people are destroying our heritage !!!
Hey Burnsy, is that EK wagon photo you use taken up around Leonora way a few years back ? It looks familiar...

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 02:00:29 AM »

Yeh it happened between Leonora and Leinster, it was my car and it disappeared off the side of the road before I could recover it.  If you know where it is now I would really like to know, Main Roads might have moved it to a dump or nearby station.  It had some good parts on it.

It is a shame that they are not leaving the cars at the tips but burying them, there is plenty of space out there and they are not doing anyone any harm, they buried all te Leonora tip a few years back too.

Mike
blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 04:34:26 AM »

I rang Menzies shire about that car and they told me they had removed it , which normally means digging a big hole nearby and burying it.....

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 05:04:33 AM »

Are you sure it was Menzies at it was north of Leonora - therefore Leonora Shire?  I will contact them and see if anyone remembers.  They were pretty quick at moving it, I contacted Main roads at the time (2000) but they new nothing of it.  I would still like to get hold of it if it has been dumped in at a station or the like as I had spent heaps on the drive line.  I have another EK now so motivation to recover the old one is higher than it was previously.

Mike
blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 07:37:32 AM »

I thought it was up near the frog,about 45k north of Menzies?My memory must be failing,gotta stop spending so much time with me head in the parts washer..

kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 02:04:33 AM »

gee blacky thats a shame that they bury them
i love coming across old cars
gee its a shame if they all end up 6 foot under
blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 03:14:10 AM »

You blokes wouldn`t have a meeting or anything on next week by any chance Huh I have just found out I have to go to perth next tuesday for a few days.Would like to catch up with a few fellow holden freaks,have a couple of beers,tell a few lies,etc.

Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 12:45:58 PM »

Blacky, the AGM is on Tuesday night, I can't make it till after nine so not sure if anyone will still be around, I will forward you the details from Brad.

Mike
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 11:08:59 PM »

Hi Mike, Blacky,

we are having an AGM that hopefully will start at 7:00 and conclude fairly quickly, then pizzas.....then ordinary meeting.....I'd be very surprised if we were outta there before 9:00 Mike....if you feel like dropping by on your way home, go for it.....

Blacky, if you're in town and want to come along give us a call on 9419 9690 (wk) or 9592 8161 (hm) and we'll help you out....

cheers......Brad
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 02:48:45 AM »

Brad, I spoke with Blacky and he said he will be there, I gave him the details of the RSL hall.  I will drop past about 9.30, hopefully some will still be there.

Cheers, Mike

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: