FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:16:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Treat Yer Doors  (Read 1694 times)
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2003, 02:25:40 AM »

I'm up to the coating door insides phase of the work.  So far, the door insides have been wire brushed, swept, stirred, vacuumed, washed and now treated with phosphoric acid.

I wanna know what I should do next.  Should I prime then paint then fishoil  
   -OR-
should I fishoil them and forget the other stuff.

One person has said to put dieseline in around the edges of the inner face of the doorskin where it meets the door frame, then fishoil the rest only, as fishoil won't flake & peel in the years to come.

Cheers

Spinner

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
craiga
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 03:28:09 AM »

Spinner,

I painted inside the doors with the following:

1. 2K Primer
2. 2K Paint
3. Waxguard
4. Paintable sound deadener

Waxguard is a treacle like substance used as a sealer and water repellant in new cars. Costs about $50.00 for 4 litres, and goes a long way. If you've got a later model car it's the sticky waxy honey coloured substance around all seams. I blocked off the drain holes with small sticks then painted copius quantities of the stuff around all the inner area of the door panel -  it took about a month to fully dry but should keep the thing rust free for years to come. When it was dry I sprayed fish oil everywhere just in case I missed anything  Grin

Cheers,

Craig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: