FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:33:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Sedan for sale - Perth  (Read 7782 times)
frank
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2003, 03:30:38 AM »

a sad day in our household ....

'My' FC (which in reality actually belongs to my dear old Dad), is up for sale.  An extravagant amount of grovelling/begging to hang onto it has worked for quite a while, but orders are orders!  He wants to advertise it in the coming weeks for 8k and i know he would be happy with 7.5k. However, i'm sure I could convince him to drop it around 7k for any Forum users. He's turned 80 and has bought himself a new Barina and has no need/desire for another car (and I don't have the space or the readies at the ready - the mortgage and two supplementary loans have put pay to that).

there is a pic on the NSW website ...

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nsw/clubcars/ClubCars12.html

and here are the rest of the details ...

we're the 2nd owners and have had the vehicle for about 6-7 years now.  Its a very late 1959 Special sedan in Indian Ivory with Marine Blue flash.  The paintwork needs a bit of a birthday and there is a small bubble of rust at the bottom of the front passenger door.  Its done about 85,000 miles.  It runs as quiet and as sweet as a swiss watch.  Rego runs out in December/January.

Its stock and has the following accessories (mostly Nasco):
mesh headlight guards, bonnet emblem, grille badge, dual horns, W.E.Y. alloy rocker cover, chrome sideplate, power brakes, wheel trims, screen washers and washer bottle (not connected), electric wipers, sunvisor, rear venetians, glovebox light, boot light, ignition light, wilsonia gauge, smiths temp guage (mounted below dash - in farenheit, 270 degree sweep), parcel shelf, original boot and floor mats, towbar, mudspats, mudflaps, wheeltrims, reversing lights, picnic radio, front door pulls, scratch plates, front seat belts, petrol locking cap, chrome exhaust extension, front licence plate frame, exterior mirror, krooklock and steering lever lock. Phew!  I think that's all ..

Plus a few boxes of spare bits and pieces (including new gold fleck windlacing which I never got around to fitting, a round preslite heater, W.E.Y. twin carby manifold with carbies, linkages and pancake air filters, windscreen with 1960 rego sticker, recond cylinder head, steering wheel, oil filter and bracket, vanity mirror, sunvisor wallet, weathershield in average condition, workshop and glovebox manual, new two gauge bracket below steeing column, etc).

Since we've had the FC, the following work has been done:  new exhaust system, reconditioned power brake booster, new brake and clutch master cylinder, overhauled brake wheel cylinders, new rear universal joint, new kingpins, rear springs re-set, new shock absorbers, new rear indicator lenses, reconditioned carby, overflow tank ftted to radiator, plus the obligatory oil changes, radiator flush, grease and plugs and points.  It was resprayed in the original colours in the mid '70s by the original owner (a mechanic with a GMH dealer) and has never had any accident damage. Upholstery, headlining and doortrims are immaculate though windlacing needs renewing.

let me know via email if you're interested (F.White@murdoch.edu.au) and I can organise a viewing and a test drive if you're in WA or something else if you're not!

yours sadly,   frank
Greg Smith
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 05:13:19 AM »

Do you still have the car for sale or am I to late?
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 08:51:40 AM »

Wish it was in Sydney sounds like a great Vehicle!

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 09:27:34 AM »

Wish it was in Sydney sounds like a great Vehicle!

Slim
You must be running out of room there by now Grin
But your right sounds like a great car
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 09:59:18 AM »

I am out of room OFFICIALLY . I bought an FX today and a EJ wagon Yesyerday. Iv Broadened my Horizons, But Cramped myself for Style.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 01:31:50 AM »

Perhaps you should turn your attention to motorcycles Slim?  

You can fit a maximum of 6 in the space of 1 car.  

Plus if u dismantle any you just stack the parts on a shelf and hang the frames  Wink

Nice FC Frank, sorry for cluttering your post..

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
frank
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 12:09:34 PM »

hi guys
thanks for the kind words!  i've had a few nibbles (hmmm... about the car that is), but I'm not complaining thats its still in my possession, after all its dear ol' Dad who has the car up for sale ... and Slim, I'm sure you could squeeze just one more FC into that automotive corral of yours!
cheers  frank
frank
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2003, 05:29:17 AM »

hi guys
well, its sold. all a bit sad really ......
cheers,  frank
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 06:03:15 AM »

Frank,

I hope it went to a good home, and maybe you'll get another one day (soon) Wink

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
frank
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 11:55:09 AM »

thanks RET
yep, it went to a very good home (otherwise it'd still be ours!), and an FE might be a nice change too ... as well as bolstering the number of FEs in the WA club!
cheers  frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: