FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 17, 2024, 05:19:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: engine dies  (Read 352 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2024, 07:07:50 AM »

Hi gents and ladies ..My grey engine , stock standard , I am aware of this problem heard it before , but I just cant recall what the cause is , so I dont go looking at this and that I thought someone on the forum will say do this do that and the penny will drop for me ...the car has been running fine , all be it not often ..recently though , start up all good , move off , stop to turn onto road , or stop at intersection and go to move off , engine just dies , push accelerator sort of nothing then fires up and goes , on one occasion had to restart with the ignition and hold revs up a bit and get going , once going all good , get home turn into driveway , fault , fail, fart and then fire up and go ...any answers on this please ....Vern .

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2024, 07:18:58 AM »

Accelerator pump not squirting well. Pull air cleaner, operate throttle linkage by hand and watch for a blurt of fuel down the carb throat.

Cheers,
Harv
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2024, 10:31:21 AM »

Check the fuel level in the fuel pump glass bowl also Vern. I had similar symptoms recently and it was an air leak in the fuel pipe before the pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just40
qld-club

Model: FE

I cant fix my brakes, so I made my horn LOUDER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2024, 01:58:24 PM »

sounds like blockage on the fuel pick up in the tank.

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2024, 06:07:26 PM »

The consensus seems to be fuel related Vern, so it’s probably spark 😄😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2024, 07:06:50 AM »

Errol ...Your right , just remind me where are the sparkplugs located exactly in the fuel tank ...seriously now, I built a demo grey motor for the museum at Fagan Park and it runs very well and responds to throttle, so I will take carby of that and put on the car and try ....Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: