FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:20:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: moon discs???  (Read 1480 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2003, 09:50:38 AM »

hi all just wondering if anyone knew where i can get a decent set of moon discs from. Huh
i have seen alot of crappy ones around, very thin aluminium etc.
i am trying to find a set of stainless steel with some way of 'locking them in', i have seen images of them with 3 screws around the edge.
if anyone can steer me in the right direction or if someone has a good set of 15' lying around, i'd appreciate it
cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 11:07:06 AM »

You should be able to get some through Rod Tech in SA - http://www.rodtech.com.au

Not sure about the other states.

fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 11:50:43 AM »

gday smithy, i have had various types on various cars.
the stainless ones that clip on like a wheel trim look all right but the REAL MOON discs are spun aluminium which are srewed on to the rims by 3 screws drilled and tapped into the rims. the finish is a brushed aluminium but they can be polished if you like. i borrowed a set off of a mate of mine(the real moon ones) and had them copied by a metal spinner. they work out VERY cheap doing it this way and the only difference is that they dont have the very small "moon" logo stamped on the edge. by having them screwed on this way also allows a little bit of the edge of the rim to be seen which also allows you to paint it in a very traditional red.
just look up metal spinners in the phone book
craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: