FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:12:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Car Jack and tool kit October 59 Sedan  (Read 3897 times)
ACT59FC
act-club

Model: FC

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2015, 12:08:22 AM »

This subject has probably come up before but I cant find any pictures and without a pic or two I have no idea what I'm looking for.
My October 1959 special sedan didn't come with a jack or tool kit. So I am wondering if anyone can show me by pic what should be in the tool kit and what the jack and jacking handle looks like. To locate and purchase the correct items will be my next project.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that can help

Regards

Rod

FC the Marilyn Monroe of Holdens. All the curves in exactly the right places!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 09:23:51 PM »

This is the jack and handle, a little difficult to find because they were inferior in design.

It was replaced by the ratchet handle jack for the FB and it remained at least up to HR.

Tool kit from the master parts book

Note that the hammer and shifter were not in FE or FC, they were discontinued after FJ.
The screwdriver is orange handle and has "Turner" on it.

Ken
ACT59FC
act-club

Model: FC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 02:23:05 AM »

Thanks Ken, much appreciated, I note the Jack is a grey colour, is it the same as the engine?

As for the tool kit, Ive never seen anything like them at any of the swap meets I go to, however now I know what I'm looking for i can look harder!

Thanks again Ken. Would the late 59 model FC sedans have the rachet handled jack or the type in the photograph?

FC the Marilyn Monroe of Holdens. All the curves in exactly the right places!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 08:11:56 AM »

To my knowledge (and the parts book), the ratchet handle jack was not available till FB.
There is a guy in the Vic club who has a set of tools available and I'm pretty sure the bag is available as a repro.
I'll get back to you about it.
Yes jack is engine grey- this also provides a colour guide to the correct colour of FE and FC engines. They should be the dark bluey grey colour, not the lighter mid grey colour that you see a lot of grey engines painted

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: