FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 05, 2024, 07:13:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HR engine mounts  (Read 2387 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:24:17 AM »

Can anyone give me the exact measurement that the HR engine mounts have to be moved backward on the front end . Under normal circumstances I would have my car here to copy, but as usual, too many projects on the go, so the Holden is in storage again . A quick conversion for a friend so just straight six with trimatic and HR front and rear ends . I have a spare firewall in the shed and I have the subframe here for repair so if I can't get an exact measurement I will have to assemble it all on the floor . Also can anyone give me an exact measurement between the inner subframe legs at the back mounting bolts as the rust in the front subframe corners have made the leg rather floppy . Thanks in advance .Haydn
fink

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »

I'm nearly ready to drop my 192 in the sedan,send me your nmbr and i''ll txt a pic 4you,0402713418,Gaz!
fink

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 01:10:24 PM »

I got 445mm between the inner legs at the rear,that's inbetween,not center to center,ok!my mounts sit flush to the rear of the subby .
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »

Thanks a lot mate , no I can go on with it . Took about an hour to modify the FE outrigger because I spent about the last 20 years removing a gusset from either side of these outriggers to place torana racks over them I struggled to do the opposite . Now I wont have to go and check my van and measure it . This is reliving my youth to do one of these standard straight six with tri-matic , but I convinced the customer that this is the easiest and the quickest and with a little alloy and chrome it should come up ok . It may also clean out the shed somewhat . Cheers Haydn 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: