FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:42:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NEGATIVE SUPERCHARGING ???  (Read 2671 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2003, 05:55:51 AM »

Can anyone help explain the mystery of NEGATIVE supercharging Huh   In my search for a supercharger kit for my 202 ( other than the CRS kit ), I came accross a website from impulse engineering, who seem to have turned supercharging upsidedown, and re-invented it as NEGATIVE ( sucks the air in, rather than a normal positive charger which forces air in ).

I am so confused !

Is Negative charging dangerous ?   Is it any good....it is ceratinly a lot cheaper than positive charging.   around $2500 for a holden 202 compared to around $3500 -$5000 for a Vortech / Eaton / paxton / Terra......the CRS is only $1800 Huh?

Has anyone fitted a CRS kit, and are they any good, given how much cheaper they are than the normal style chargers ?

ANy help is much appreciated

Cheers

Mark Hughes
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 11:33:59 AM »

"Negative Supercharging" has been around for a while now, particulary in the States. It's basically a controlled expansion of exhaust gases that cause more fuel and air to be drawn into the motor during the valve overlap period. I'm pretty sure thats how it works. It's all done with a tricky exhaust manifold.
I'd rather go for a blower  Grin
Did you get that turbo stuff I sent you?
Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 09:50:35 PM »

Sure did, thanks Tony....haven't got round to reading it all yet....work too busy...but i'll try and get to it tonight !

The Neg Charging sounded complicated and a bit dangerous....ie..you can't muck with anything, cause if you do, you'll throw a spanner in the works and stuff it all up or worse !

I can't get over how expensive Superchargers are.......I mean, they are just a bloody metal body with a couple of fancy fans spinning inside ( of course it;s more technical than that ), but I still can't see upwards of $4000 in them ?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: