FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 08:44:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dime a dozen and rare FE/FC's  (Read 8073 times)
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2003, 06:11:12 AM »

What model FE FC was the most produced and which FE/FC was least produced {as in volume}

regards 2brite
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 06:41:03 AM »

Hi.
I am not the "Guru" with these issues, but could confidently say, the FC2104-S10 (Van) or the FC2106-S8 (Ute) were the rarest FC 's built at ANY GMH factory (Not modified out of factory). The S10 variation was the Postal van, The S8 were ARMY utes. Both EXTREMELY rare. I have a S10 compliance plate, one of 3 that I know of in Australia. This was a Panelvan with the drivers door locked shut, NO passenger side door & a bucket seat. The ARMY ute, had a special extra seat fitted into the back tray area, a tarp with 3 supports, also incorporated into the tray sides.

Most common? Easy, the FC sedans!! Thay had 50.2% of the Australian car market in 1958!!! BIG!!!

regards,
Rob

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 09:18:26 AM »

ok Rob, no passenger side door and the drivers door always locked shut, so how did they get in let alone out of the Van then ?
Dont think I have ever seen one of these let alone here of one with no passenger side door but I suppose you wouldn,t have to worry about draughts coming through the door then either ??
Russell B
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 09:35:21 AM »

This van does exist,written about in of all places the FJ book which was released a few months ago. Pictures and all.
I am sure Ken will include it in his up coming book (Hint Hint Ken) Roll Eyes.
They actually placed a lenght of steel up the front of the passenger door opening to cut down on drafts and water (A big help I am sure,not)
My two bits have been spent
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 01:09:06 PM »

Speaking of Vans, does any one know what ever happened to my Fc Van ? I had sold it to " Possum from the bush" ( true ) he lives near mallacoota on the vic/nsw border and he resold just a couple of years ago to someone who lives down towards Geelong way ( melbourne )  who I believe was going to do a total restoration to it but I have lost the trail of its where abouts so can anybody shed some light on this for me please ??
Russell Bates - in search of his FCPV  
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

It is true that the factory-built special orders like PMG, Army etc will be the rarest of all, but if we stick to 'standard production' models, then the rarest is definitely the FE Standard Wagon.  This is followed by the business sedans (although they weren't uncommon in their day, few seem to have survived their hard lives), and the FC is possibly less common than the FE, since the FC-217 was dropped from the line-up during the FC's life-span.

Obviously the special sedan was and is the most common variant.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 05:06:40 AM »

Thanks people for your imput
RET do you have a figure for the FE STD Wagon

Cheers 2brite
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 05:17:22 AM »

I don't, but I think Ken said in another thread on this topic that he has only come across about 5 or 6 ever!

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 08:54:30 AM »

Your right on the money RET  that's what Ken told me too  and also the total number built {of  FE STANDARD WAGONS ] was approxamately 1800 units Not many eh

Regards Mick
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 10:52:59 PM »

A long time ago - probably 15 years - I remember seeing an article listing the top 20 or so rare cars of the world.  It was like a heritage listing.  I have no evidence of it at all but I do remember quite vividly that the FE Standard Wagon was on that list and was about half way down.    Wish I could find that article!!!!! Cheers Kathleen (HOTLIPS)

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
craiga
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 08:07:57 AM »

I'd reckon the Brabham Torana was number 3 on this list , just above the 2 door Datsun 120Y, Mexicana VG Valiant Hardtop, and XK Falcon Squire  Grin

fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 09:17:27 AM »

The Brabham Torana  - they were a wee little ripper, talk about all show and no go ( ha, what a heap of junk )       Russell B   FCPV
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2003, 11:55:19 PM »

Sorry Craig, but that heritage listing had no other Australian/Datsun type cars on it (as far as I can remember).   The other cars were mostly European.  Cheers Kathleen.  PS You must be jiving - 2 door 120Y a rare car;  common as muck!!!! Cheesy Grin Wink

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 02:48:05 AM »

The 120Y is a rare car in NSW, where you have to get a roadworthy certificate every year...

Also missing from that list are my other perennial Holden 'runts of the litter':
- Piazza
- 'Starfire' Commodore

cheers
RET

craiga
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 09:19:26 AM »

Kathleen,

Let me clarify what I meant by 2 door 120Y.

The car in question is a two door version of the sedan, and NOT the coupe type that is/was more prevalent.

Here is an example of this fine piece of automotive art....

Enough back seat room for the largest of families, and an abundance of power to conquer the largest of hills. Give me an automatic version anyday.  Embarrassed

Yours in Datsun 120Y's,
Craig.

P.S Everything is OK, I'm now reaching for the special red pills the doctor gave me Tongue
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2003, 09:45:33 AM »

Craig you better have 2 of those pills.

Ret your dead right about the rego standards, I was born and bred in NSW and have had cars registered in NSW & ACT both very strict. I had lived in SA for approx 10 yrs and only had to do the pits when I transfered the rego from NSW.

As you know I purchased my FC from SA. It had not been registered for over 15 yrs and all they required was an ID check and hey presto its back on the road.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2003, 08:33:39 PM »

Craig,

Wouldn't that also make the Datto 200B SSS 2 door pretty rare too? (not sure if it would rate a mention on a rare list however)

I never knew the Datsun 120y had a 2 door version..

The heaters in these cars (120Y) are quite compact and useful for fitting into heaterless cars if that's any consolation.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2003, 09:15:54 PM »

Hey Craig, love the picture - and yes there are still some of those around in Adelaide/SA.   Keep taking them pills mate! Wink Cheesy Grin (Just joshijg) Cool Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: