FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 01:19:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dynamat Vs ????  (Read 3160 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »

Following on from a post that referred to using roofing product instead of Dynamat, here's some more info.

Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pack, covers 3.34m squared, my sell price is $220-240 depending on my supplier plus $20-25 freight to most places.

Roofing Product from Bunnings, 300mm x 10 metres = 3m squared, Bunnings sell these for $125. Practically half the price of Dynamat.
Shopping around, you might be able to find a cheaper price or better product.

BUT!!! comparing the products, the roofing gear's bitumous layer is half (maybe less) as thick as the Dynamat and the Aluminium layer looks a little thinner too.

JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »

Stinky,

How much would you need to do a ute, including the inner tray areas?

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

we've used Dynamat in the rear of the van (roof and side panels) and it dropped the noise levels considerably.  It will be even quieter whenif we ever get around to getting a full roof lining and the sides upholstered.  At the moment - we've used a paintbrush to paint it black so you don't really see it.  Can highly recommend the difference that it makes.

NosFEratu
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »

Has anyone used the Resomat? it is also a bit cheaper than Dynamat and they say it is just as good. I'm looking at doing the whole car so price will come into it.
Regards Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »

Stinky,

How much would you need to do a ute, including the inner tray areas?

Cheers
JB

Not sure JB, you'll need to get your tape measure out  Wink

cruisin_doug

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »

Feeling a little ripped off now  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ... but in answer to the question about how much to do a ute I can tell you that the Megapack 7.7 square metres was one door short Wink of doing the whole ute (including right up behind the dash, entire roof, rear divider wall etc - a complete coverage). I paid just over $400 delivered from the states from ebay for the megapack plus another $75 or so for a door kit which will cover the remaining door. That doesn't include the Dynaliner, which is available much thicker and should make a big difference, its designed to go over the top of the Dynamat and costs about the same again - pretty expensive and if I had of done some more research and found actual users of both products so they could report on the effectiveness of one against the other, the other options might well have got a guernsey - but in the end I decided to go with the known product as I'm only going to do it once ...

Hope this helps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: