FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:25:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC subframe numbers  (Read 3809 times)
andykotzur

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »

Hello.
 Ive got a question about the number letter stamp on the inner guard of the subframe. After sandblasting, I found that it has no number. I guess it was a replacment after a crash. As I'm going roadworthy soon I think I need one for their paperwork. The body number on the firewall is FC/229 1964 M. Is there a way to work out what the subframe number should be so I can stamp it on?
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:05:06 AM »

Hi Andy,

What you've got there is an extremely late 1959 wagon, one of the last ones made. Only a small number of FC wagons were manufactured in Melbourne, because a press big enough to make roof panels was only installed shortly before the start of FB production. (Prior to this, all wagons and panel-vans were made at the Elizabeth plant.)

Anyway, Ken might be able to give you an approximate body number for your wagon, based on other wagons he has in his database. I'm not sure your local transport authority will accept a rough approximation though, and you could be unlucky and find the approximate number belongs to another car in their database, and some hard questions get asked.

Otherwise, check the left hand side, above the rear of the battery on the corner ridge. If your wagon has a replacement subframe from an FE, it would have a number there, hand-stamped with letters about 1/4" high.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 07:56:52 AM »

Itsa not a huge problem the RTA normally send you to one of there stations and allocate and butcher a number into your subframe.

Mine has police numbers apparentlly ?

Pete

andykotzur

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »

Ive got a subframe under the house that I could borrow the number of. Trouble is if someone makes use of it in twenty years, RTA will ask questions then.
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »

How you doing Andy..

Thats easy... don't sell the subframe or cut the old number out and weld it onto the new one!

Bout time you finished that car LOL How long has it been going? Where's the sedan up to?

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
freddyc
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »

Andy am coming up to Cairns for the swap meet, come and find me for a catch up.
fred

Townsville North Queensland
andykotzur

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 08:55:42 PM »

The wagon is going for blue plates this week, It needs wheels but I want to make sure it passes before commiting to them. The front and rear track width is 97mm difference, so I need to get rims made. Im thinking 15 inch rims. Probably Dragways. Anyone know other brands that do ofset rims to suit fc stud pattern?
Jason, the sedan is resting in a shed. Freddy, I`ll see you at the meet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: