FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:59:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VE Calais Electric Window  (Read 1385 times)
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »

Hi Guys,
I know its not fe or fc. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas? When there has been a hot day my drivers door electric window ceases to operate. To get it functioning again i take the interior lining off the door unplug the motor and replug it in. Off it goes until the next really hot day.I have tried moving the cables around to see if there is a loose wire to no avail.Seems like all i am doing is resetting the thing. Next time i was going to try removing the fuse.
Cheers,
Graham
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »

Graham, Not sure what year you VE is but i believe the early VE commos did have a few electrical problems. This may be related. I dont think it is your motor. It may simply be an earth to the motor and when you disconnect the plug you may move the motor slightly and the motor then gets a better earth and starts.
It may not be that at all. Before you do anything drastic i would leave the trim off and wait for it to stop again and get an auto elec to test it in that condition.
Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: