FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:42:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 6 volt battery.  (Read 3042 times)
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:53:26 PM »

I have a stock Fj sedan with 6 volt electrics , Including Original battery , Does anybody know where i can either get this one reconditioned or buy another 6 volt battery to suit an Fj , Its registered and I havent driven it for 6 months due to loss of licence and I just got my licence back and cant drive it due to inability to start her up .... ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED... SLIM

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:38 PM »

Hi Slim,

Good to know you're still about. Haven't seen you for ages - hope you and your boys are going good.

Gary (Zulu) posted about these guys a while back.

Pope Batteries Pty Ltd   
66 Tattersall Rd
Kings Park 2148 (It's still Blacktown to me)
(02) 9622 3223

Cheers,

Craig.
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »

Thanks craig.. Yes mate the boys are well and turning into  young men now. 14 and 11.. I will try that blacktown leed out , I was able to use a 12 volt battery to fire it then quickly put the 6 volt one back in , but its cactus wont hold a charge .. Apparently rare spares have an outlet too.. That do some sort of 6 volt battery they want me to take my one down there so hopefully i will be happily HOLDENING along very shortly.. PS found a genuine 1 owner fc on Sunday, Genuine barnfind.. Hasnt turned a wheel since 1980 , was on blocks , covered up . Still runs , Brakes and hubs turn perfectly , I dragged it home ... Has Genuine Original AIR CHIEF RADIO , Nasco  Door pull to me handles. Fin Extensions and is totally complete in all aspects,,,,,,,, UNBELIEVABLE.... CHEERS SLIM

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:30 PM »

Craig, Slim & anyone else interested, that lead for Pope Batteries at Blacktown has dried up for period type batteries anyway

They still do a black case item IN 6 & 12 volt but more modern

He is trying to source some more hard rubber type battery cases from OS but I wouldn't hold my breath

I'd be intersted to hear more about the Rares item

Cheers Gary 
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 12:17:32 AM »

Got one from POPE BATTERIES at Blacktown,, Cost $135.00... Hes rebuilding my Original one for $225.00.... And he hadnt seen one like it for quite a while he reckons,,, My FJs purring like a kitten after a weekend of love and attention.. Not to mention elbow grease,, !!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: