FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:55:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 5litre efi v8 shiny rocker covers  (Read 5199 times)
NIFFTY

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2010, 03:05:20 PM »

I am looking at putting a pair of rocker covers on the v8 efi ex vn commodore engine in my FC wagon and was wondering what other people have fitted and where they obtained them,what i want is something reasonably plain .polished stainless,alloy or something similiar,not pressed metal and be able to get an oil cap to suit and use the same breather hose,the more highly polished the better
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »

you can polish the factory covers
NIFFTY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »

I want something artermarket that looks better than the standard alloy covers polished,I suppose I am looking for something really classy,price is not my greatest concern
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »

the std covers are the best IMO.

you just need to treat them right.

HPC or jet hot coat candy finish.

not cheap but super classy and easy to clean.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NIFFTY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:07:13 PM »

ED, are they little air cleaners on the end of your rocker covers if so what diameter, are they legal not going into a catch can? I must admit i really like the look of them,are they k&n?
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:56:28 AM »

Hi Nifty,

It is a K&N filter, diameter from memory is 5/8".. better check though, as I don't own the car anymore.

It took me a little while to work this out...  the flow of pressure thru the engine goes as follows:

Air enters the LHS rocker cover thru the engine, out the front of the RHS rocker cover (see hose coming out under the rad filler), via a catch can and back thru under the throttle body (see hose centre under TB).  There is an inline PCV valve before the catch can, you can see it under the radiator hose filter where the hose changes size.

so is it legal?  I think so as the factory would have the LHS rocker intake plumbed to the air intake, and all vented gases go thru a PCV, catch can and are recycled through the intake.

I got the filter from American Autos Homebush.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: