FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:29:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement Fuel Tank  (Read 3878 times)
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:57:11 PM »

Hi Guys, what are my options in replacing the Fuel Tank in my FE Sedan?, the original is in Fair Condition but the sender is shot. I did a search but had no joy. I don't mine cutting the Boot Floor if its needed. Hobbo
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 10:21:29 PM »

Sender is available from Rare Spares.

Ken
Hobbo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:33:20 AM »

I was thinking of replacing original with something a bit larger with longer range? I see some using Commodore tanks? Is that the easiest tank to use? if so whats involved in fitting? The Original tank is too small but I did find a Mitsubishi Sender which works well but I am having trouble getting old one out! Hobbo
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 05:00:04 PM »

Commodore tank does adapt easily - there are plenty of photos and description of how to do this conversion. Search for fuel tank and you should get results

Ken
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 09:48:31 AM »

hi hobbo, the commodore tank does fit easily though there is a fair bit of messing around depending on where you want the filler neck to be. the neck on the commy tank comes out on the drivers side so you will be looking at some body work if you go this way.
i got the neck removed and shifted to use the original FC position then used bits of FC and commodore necks to get the end result. fair bit of mucking around as i had to get the tank welded by a professional without the car being there. Undecided
the only reason i went commodore was because i had a deal going with a local holden wrecker and it was pretty much all he had which i thougt i could adapt. have a look around some of the jap wreckers if you can you might find something else to fit easier. Wink

the other thing to remember is that the FC fuel guage wont work with this modification as it operates at diferrent ohms.

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Hobbo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 10:17:05 PM »

Thanks Dean, It sounds like I'll be using the Original for a while yet. I might see how much it would cost to get a Custom Tank made up. Found a Mitsubishi Sender works OK. Hobbo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: