FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:09:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My First FC  (Read 2916 times)
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »

Here are some pictures of the trip I did with my Brother and Father to central Australia back in 1990.
I had just finished restoring the old girl and wanted to take her for a spin.
My brother made a video of the trip too. Blok was very patient and I watched it for the first time a couple of months ago when he was visiting Port. I wont subject you to any of that. But will share the pictures

This was the first night on the road and we camped just out of Wellington. It would have to have been the coldest night of my life. Airbed mattresses on a concrete slab. Never again!

Dad was into fossicking and lapidary at the time so the main purpose of the trip was to do a bit of fossicking. Dad wanted to drive around and look for some good spots to fossick. This was his first and only attempt to drive and bogged it in no less the five minutes.

I think that we did about 4000 miles in just over three weeks so it was necessary to give things a bit of a tighten up along the way. This is my brother getting down and dirty.

This double decker bus is just sitting out in the middle of nowhere. No idea how it got there. Made a good sunshade though.

Always check that the roads are open.Just out of Wanaring.

There sure have big termite mounds out here Shocked

Dad was pretty keen to get to the fossicking area which was past Alice on the plenty highway. For the life of me I can't remember exactly where Tongue
Jamie and I wanted to get to Ayers rock and have a good look around, we got this close and Dad said... " that looks good... lets get going on our way"
 url=http://postimage.org/image/87d0xb8/][/url]
 we didin't

This is the Plenty highway. A magnificent structure Grin

And we did this a bit Cheesy

Lake Eyre south

I ended up selling the old girl when I got married but one of the member of the forum actually got given this FC a couple of years ago by an old neighbour and he was going to do it up. Think it got the better of him and he parted it out Sad

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »

Wow, great story and awesome pics.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: