FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 05, 2024, 08:22:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Holden two-pack Paint formulae Shannon Green, Biscay Green & Ice Green  (Read 2533 times)
NIFFTY

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2009, 01:29:52 PM »

I am not having much success getting information regarding the formulae for the colours for my FC project.  So far Richard has been kind enough to supply the original paint formulas but they are not for the modern two-pack paints.  If anyone has the two-pack formulae for Shannon Green, Biscay Green & Ice Green,  I would be very grateful.
Cheers  Niffty
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:20:05 AM »

Niffty I'm no expert on this stuff, but I have been through the paint matching drama.

It is my understanding that two pack formulas don't exist for most of the old Australian pre acrylic nitro cellulose lacquers FEs and FCs were painted with. These have to be mixed from a sample and good painters are very good at this. I'm assuming though that you don't have a sample to mix from.

However, my view is that any of the colours with names that aren't generic Australian and the three you are interested in fit this category, were used in the US. My FE is Shoreline Beige which was used on 1955 Chevs, the formula was found by searching GM US. Shannon Green is definitely a US colour and was used on 1953 Pontiacs, at least. Biscay Green was used on 1954 Cadillacs. I'm sure Ice Green was used in the US too. It might be worth searching PPG US GM for a formula. The only issue is whether GMH changed the formula slightly when they were used here, but I can't see why they would.

Hope this helps

John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: