FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 11:43:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fitting new sills, floors and "A" pillar lower sections  (Read 1740 times)
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »

I have a small collection of FC Holdens consisting of 2 sedans 2p/vans 1 wagon and a rear half wagon as a trailer, most of the cars will eventually be getting the new sills, front floors and "A" pillar repairs, just wanting to know what order i should do the repairs in.......sills inner and outer......floor sections.....then  "A" pillar lowers and how to do each,  all help would be much appreciated as i believe this to be 1 of the most common repairs to do to "F" series Holdens.

cheers Daz
crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »

g'day, Smiley
wot i have done previous in short.. is strip everything out before you cut anything out,  welding BRACE's  to the  car  with tube steel, then start with floor structure , ie inner sills/ bottoms of  front pillars / any floor braces....ALWAYS  checking the shells alignment,  on of the last things i do is .. i would tack weld the outer sills on, refit door shells for getting correct gap/fit for the sills ....its a big job, but take your time, wear ALL SAFTEY GEAR....maybe go to nite tafe school, to get info etc... remmber  this is a big job, and should be done correctly, and in the end its no shame if you feel you cannot do it correctly to get someone with more expierence to do this job....hey i got people to help me out before , i did all the labourous stuff .in the end wot you want is a great result. Wink

mr c

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: