FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:44:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TWIN CARBIES TUNING  (Read 1748 times)
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »

Just installed my twin stromies started it up and its revving its head off adjusted the butterflies so that there closing.That slowed the revving down a bit .Then i wound the idle screw out another turn which makes it two turns for both carbies.Any body got any ideas .Buy the way carbies are new and matched
regards fatboy

fatboy
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »

Fatboy, Sounds like you've got too much petrol at idle. Whenever I have set up multiple carbies I back everything off, so that it won't idle. Then slowly increase everything up till you get to where you want.

Did you check the size of the idle tubes, when I set mine up I ended up using 48 model idle tubes from memory as these are the smallest, letting less fuel in at idle. This lets you set your idle mixture properly. I thought I had matched my carbies too, (triples) only to find I had three different size idle tubes & three different size power valves. Very interesting trying to tune.

Colin.

colt
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »

Wink
Fatboy,

Check out under the carbies where the "Butterfly " connects to the accelerator pump. You'll find a curved piece with 3 hole in it. Make sure that the accelerator pump rod is connected to the butterfly via the little thingie underneath, through the centre hole, have a look and you'll see what I mean. If this is incorrectly fitted the the vehicle will idle very rapidly. Hope you understand my terminology.

Cheers Rusty
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:47:42 PM »

Thanks for your replies pulled the top of the back carby butterfly not seating properly when taken off and put back on again must off free something up.Started it up and it purred.
regards fat

fatboy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: