FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 05:42:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone we know??  (Read 6420 times)
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2008, 03:40:17 PM »

Passed a white FC towing an older caravan on the road between Millmerran and Inglewood Queensland yesterday.   It was heading north, think it was NSW registered.   Anyone we know touring in style?Huh   Mike
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 04:34:20 PM »

probably someone reddo knows.

FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »

Hey Sheriff, that'd be Chris Dagg and Carrotts from Bridgetown WA...members of the WA Club
They left Perth before the Nationals and will be heading North accross the top

Check out this thread for his travels...5 pages, good stuff

http://vintagecaravans.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=general08&action=display&thread=2198

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 08:32:07 PM »

Hey Sheriff, that'd be Chris Dagg and Carrotts from Bridgetown WA...members of the WA Club
They left Perth before the Nationals and will be heading North accross the top

Check out this thread for his travels...5 pages, good stuff

http://vintagecaravans.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=general08&action=display&thread=2198
i just read the thread, what a trip, something most of us would only fantasise about oneday doing, that is a good read.
 i look through the vintage caravans forums sometimes but i dont have the time, money or space for a van of my own, it looks like alot of fun but.

59fcholden
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 06:13:53 AM »

What a great read,
I never knew there was an old caravan club and forum
daggsey58
wa-club

Model: FC

You don't sell old Holdens..you buy them!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »

G'day all,

Well spotted Sheriff Grin Grin. WA number plate, not NSW, but hey, I understand how the shock of seeing an FC towing a caravan would probably take your eye off minor details like number plates Wink Wink.

And yes FCCool, somebody that Reddo knows Grin Grin Grin (should that be really made public Huh Huh Grin Grin Grin)

I was at the Nationals in Mt Gambier, but was late registering. Did participate in the run to Port MacDonnell.

Thought if I was going to tow a vintage van across the Nullabor to the Vintage Van Nationals with an FC, I might as well continue around Oz, especially to celibrate the 50th Anniversary of the FC. Certainly helps us to meet people, especially when you're not just another white L.ndc..s.r and J.y.o Hor.z.n Tongue Tongue.

For anyone who is interested, the link to our story has been posted above by FE_Ute and I am updating as we go, or alternatively, you can go to http://www.vintagecaravans.com for any other info on old vans.

Cheers all
Daggsey

daggsey58
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 08:47:35 PM »

.........and just by way of clarification fc59holden, we vintage vanners are a website, not a club..........NO ORGANISATION, NO TROPHIES, NO RULES except one......have fun Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Best "non-club" I've been in Wink Wink Wink Wink

Cheers
Daggsey
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:58:39 PM »

G'day all,

Well spotted Sheriff Grin Grin. WA number plate, not NSW, but hey, I understand how the shock of seeing an FC towing a caravan would probably take your eye off minor details like number plates Wink Wink.

And yes FCCool, somebody that Reddo knows Grin Grin Grin (should that be really made public Huh Huh Grin Grin Grin)

yeah sorry about that, i should have thought before i posted, i hear that nut got his head stuck in the spare wheel door of his van.

if i knew when i was at wintersun what was going on I would have come up and had a chat. looks like a awsome trip, i will keep checking up the caravan forum for updates from now on.

daggsey58
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 09:05:39 PM »

Hey FCCool,

I said making it public knowledge that I knew Reddo was very much said tongue-in-cheek Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin, and anyone who knows Reddo would know why I said that Grin Grin

Daggsey58
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:46:14 PM »

yeah i met reddo at the ahd swap, he had a new caravan there, looked imaculately restored to early 50's/ late 40's but it turned out the thing was only 3 months old and built in his back yard, ive read alot of his stuff on the caravan forum, I dont intend to get a van, i just like reading through the stuff on there. i spent some of my youth growing up in a ply van, my family outgrew the small house we lived in.
 I used to also live near reddo when i had the FC and first met my wife, i was at holmesville, just around the corner.
 i thought you might have photographed the car on sydney harbour, but then again getting to it is a matter of 1 hour each way of cursing, swearing and road rage and overheating.
 fuel prices must be chewing your wallet, what do you have under the bonnet?

daggsey58
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 11:22:25 PM »

Howdy again FCCool,

Fuel prices are a concern, but unlike most of the "grey nomads" out there complaining about the price of diesel etc, I'm not touring the country in a $150,000 plus rig. It really irritates me when I hear these people whinging about fuel prices and then they talk about the $80,000 caravan they are towing Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue.

My contention is if you sit at home putting off travelling because you're waiting for the price of fuel to come down, it ain't gunna happen.

My Effacy has a VK efi under the bonnet and I am averaging 20mpg towing the van. I'm happy with that.

Daggsey   
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 07:22:13 AM »

All of us with FC's here in Ireland are also watching your travels around Oz...

If you see any escaped leprecauns, let me know  Grin Grin

Paul  Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 05:00:29 PM »

Daggsy, number plate was just a guess, considering the direction you were coming from.   Raised my finger in salute, caravanner style.  Funny how caravan towers salute each other, but when you don't have the van on they ignore you. Huh Grin Not saying you did though, was too busy stareing.   Lucky I stayed on road, looking back, checking your outfit out.   Was in outlaws Laser with spouse and outlaws.  Enjoy western Qld, if that is the way you are going.   Some good country towns there.  What is your intended route?    (No, not that one...)  Cheers,  Mike.
daggsey58
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 06:44:56 PM »

Hi Mike,

We're leaving Dalby tomorrow and heading west to Miles, on to Charleville and then to Longreach and back to Rockingham Rockhampton Grin. The plan is to do a pre-run for a vintage caravan run that is being planned for May 2009, we're checking out the parks and auto gas outlets as we go.

Daggsey
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: