FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 11:32:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Door Hinge Help  (Read 3105 times)
tuffute

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2008, 05:25:26 PM »

Can someone please help my L/h door on my ute sits about three millimetres in from being flush with the guard at the top hinge i have tried packing between the hinge and the door dosnt help any is there a chance that the top hinge is bent or maybe when the hinges have been chromed they were put back together wrong IE Top plate of hinge was put on a lower door hinge base if there is any difference any help would be great.the thing i find stange even packing the hinge didnt move it outward to be a flusher fit with the guard
thanks brad
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:14:03 PM »

Packing would help if it was at the front of the hinge but the slot in the door doesn't allow for much lateral movement. Is the bottom of the door out by the same amount? If yes then they probably were put back together wrong. If no then just disassemble the top hinge and straighten it a little and this will have the effect of pushing the door out away from the car.

Ken
tuffute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »

Ken i would much prefer to purchase another hinge rather than risk removal/refit trials if u have one i am more than happy to buy one of u
thanks brad
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:24:23 PM »

I can supply a top hinge no problems but I thought yours were chromed. Surely just fixing yours would be best Roll Eyes Anyhow send me a pm if you want to buy one.

Regards  Ken
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:40:35 PM »

Did the guards come off the car?
Are you sure the guards are bolted up using all the bolts.
Try loosening them off and tightening the 1 closest to the top hinge first.
Regards
Alex

tuffute

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:48:54 AM »

Alex the guards were off the car as were the doors to be painted,all bolts are in as Ken as told me its suspected ent door hinge from door being flung open over the years thanks for your advice though
brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: