FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 20, 2024, 02:16:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC's I Have Ownwd  (Read 2603 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2008, 09:09:02 AM »

Over the years I have had several FC's.

This is the first one I purchased 2nd hand in 1961 with 25,000 miles on the clock.  Sold it in 1967 at 75,000 miles to purchase a HD.  Car was still in excellent nick.

One of two cars I purchased in the early 90's to restore.  It has a reasonable amount of rust in it. I do not know where it is now.

The other one.  Rust levels were reasonable.  Stripped the car down and started to restore.  However after 10 years on no action due to being very busy at work and running a business as a second job I eventually decided to sell both car and give FC's away for good never to be entertain them again.  I had plenty of NOS parts and accessories including a mint grill badge and Wilsonia gauge recoed motor etc.  Sold the lot. The dismantled one is now restored by another person and back on the road looking very smart.

Well the bug bit again and now I am retired I decided to go back to the FC scene.  This one is a late 59 model and has almost no rust to repair.  Someone did the floors a while ago. Sills are original and perfect I intend to restore it back to original.

Restoration has started and is well under way.  The front end has been fully dismantled cleaned and repainted.  I am replacing king pin bushes at the moment.  It still has standard size pins.  Motor is soon ready for repaint, grill finished and many other parts cleaned restored and repainted.

No time limit set however by this time next year I hope to have it back on the road.  Have a little bit of house restoration to do soon.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 09:37:22 AM »

Thanks for the photos Keith.

Those first two, particularly the blue one must have been fairly early judging by the number plates? My FE, Nev (number plate NEV 107) was first registered on 2 December 1957.

Is the current one's colour scheme original?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 08:47:41 PM »

John the car you mentioned was blue is actually a two tone green.  I scanned it from a colour photo which was a little deteriorated in colour. The car I am doing has the original colours - white body, black in fill.  Upholstery is red and black.  The car on the trailer is the one that has been restored.  I'll endeavor to get the details for Ken.

Keith

KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:50:49 PM »

John  I forgot to mention that the first two cars in the photos were early 58 models.  I have no records of the numbers.

Keith

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: