FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:59:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Torana front ends  (Read 3448 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: March 25, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »

Apart from the obvious cutting and shutting modifications to fit either LC/LJ or LH/LX front ends, are there any other disadvantages to fitting a torana front end to an FE/FC?
I have seen a website with an FB/EK wagon with a V6 conversion that had this done, not sure if it made it to the road yet though.

2door350

Model: FE

RAT 059

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:26:39 PM »

Have seen this in the flesh, it is heavily modified running different mounting points for control arms etc.  Was done by An engineer in Hobart Derek Koistra?  He told me it was a lot of work...what i heard is that the car is in storage at the moment, it had a power rack too....cant remember which model though....

Looked like an awesome setup...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:39:56 PM »

No other disadvantages at all, plus lots of advantages. But the cutting and shutting and mounting of the Torana front end is a BIG disadvantage. Certainly not to be attempted by the novice.

Ken
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 07:40:17 PM »

Stinky, i have just done an LHX/UC front end to my FC. Yes there are a few mods to be undertaken but i believe it will be well worth it. If you are going to fit 13 inch wheels you shouldn't have to many problems however i am fitting 18 x 225 under the front and have issues with the wheels hitting the guards. I also have the VT large brakes and this also brings the wheels a little further out. As i don't want to flare the guards i may be able to bring the roll of the guard out slightly to compensate.I am in vic . If you are local you can see it if you want but it goes back in hopefully this week to have the engine bay painted.
Regards Brett
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »

Thanks, found the link to the car I was talking about -
http://www.geocities.com/rawls57/

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 02:26:09 PM »

Glenn,
I was at Olde Oldens yesterday and Tony was showing me what he does with the Torana front ends. He has done alot of them and pretty much swears by them as you are only modifying the mountings not the way the steering was originally designed to work.

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 03:30:01 PM »

Excellent, thanks caj

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)