FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 17, 2024, 06:04:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC at Lightning Ridge  (Read 3025 times)
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »

Saw this FC at Lightning Ridge on the weekend.   It is in the grounds of the local hysterical society and under a carport.  It obviously has some historical significance which I did not discover as it was closed at the time I was there.   It is in pretty good condition.    Climate there is conducive to relatively rust free cars and this one from outside looks pretty straight.   Good to see it is covered, but would be a good restorer.  Though on the other hand, it is perhaps a valuable local historical artifact.  Good colour too...... Grin  Cheers, Mike

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »

Sheriff did you go out to the 7 and 9 mile mines I use to go to the Ridge on average 6 times a year for 8  to 10 odd years, my mates dad had mines at the 9 mile I was always amazed at the number of old Holdens dumped around the mines usually with the motor and diffs removed to be used as mine equipment  . The toilet used to be a early ford truck cabin decked out complete with dash and interior lights placed over a mine hole. A good use for a F--D  Have the scrappies been through and cleaned the place out  yet .HuhHuh?? .........FC427.......... 

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »

Ted, a couple of his mates, Rusty & myself went up there last year to help Ted bring back (3) ? FE-FC's & a sh/7load of bits, one of them was a 3 door panelvan as I recall.

We made a visit to a scrap yard out of town (further) that had mile in it's name, there was a Vanette there that had been partially stripped but unfortunately we had no room on the vehicles for any more.

I scored a dealer number plate frame off it.

Mike, we saw that car as well & like you, no luck, closed.

Cheers, Gary 
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »

No FC427,  did not go to those places...  Mate has a claim at coorcoran, went out there and looked around a bit, then spent some time fossicking the dump at Grawin.   Lots of old vehicles of every description around the place, but did not notice any other FEs or FCs, though am sure they would be there.   Mate is not a car fan, mentioned going to find the local car dump but he wasn't keen.    Saw a couple of old Rovers there, you know the ones with the headlight in the middle of the car's grille...  Would be a place to visit with a semi with a crane and a pocket of cash.     Mike
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 09:29:46 PM »

I had relatives at the Ridge until a few years ago and have visited there since I was a kid.

First car was an FC so the next time I went to the Ridge I went up in it and was told about all these wrecks can't remember exactly where though. Did have lots of fun pulling bits off them.

About a year later a car towing a trailer turned in front of me and I T-boned the trailer and nearly sent it to the moon.

The best part was that Mum and Dad were doing a driving holiday in Queensland ( I live in Melbourne) and were heading home via the Ridge. Got on the phone and asked Dad head out and get me lots of parts.

He did so and came home with all the good bits on the top of the roof racks, the timing worked out great only had to wait a few days. It was actually less work than going out to the wrecker or to buy from someone. It was more like a courier delivering direct to the door.

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: