FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:49:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: eh colum in fc  (Read 7815 times)
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »

i am about to trial fit the colum, i put it in the hole but still havent tried lining up all the bolts, my arm is just to short to hold everything, ive heard 1 bolt may not line up, is that rite, if so wich one, do i have to drill another hole or can the hole be enlarged?

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 09:01:16 AM »

has anyone fitted one?

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 01:26:06 PM »

When I got my Ute it had been fitted with a HR steering box and both holes had been enlarged to line up  I still have it somewhere if your  stuck I can measure it up if you like, let me know or if you are close by I live in Blacktown you can use it to trial fit it to see if the angle is acceptable just in case they need slotting in one direction only to get the right fit  FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 01:30:33 PM »

im in seven hills, i am going up to robbo's in blacktown at about 2pm, i dont want to muck around to much with the EH one becuase its already painted in pearl over white and chips easy.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »

I will be home am just 5minutes from Kenny at Robo's so call past and get a loan of it FC 427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »

Mark, could you pm me your address?

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 02:12:37 PM »

or send it in a email to mljulien@tpg.com.au

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 06:54:04 PM »

I don't know about EH boxes, but I agree that HR boxes need to have both holes elongated to make them fit.

Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 09:06:59 PM »

This might help some one with this conversion later on down the track the column I lent FCCOOL had been bored out to 1/2 so came up with the idea of making up some bushes with the holes bored off centre very close to the side off the bush so they can be rotated to get the hole centre right with out a 1/2 hole remaining in the steering box  really just a  long way of saying excentral bush  FC427

TAYZ
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 12:57:45 AM »

Im bored with my FC already so I now also want to put in an EH column, Leon how did you go with it?  Is it a fairly easy procedure?? 
bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 02:21:13 PM »

l put a HR column in mine years ago,from memory they have 2 bolts mounting it to subframe which needed a bit of "massaging" . l was informed (after l did mine of course!) that the EH column still has the 3 bolts same as FC & they are closer to the same distances apart(closer than HR anyway)  Daz.

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
TAYZ
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 04:56:03 PM »

Thanks daz,
                    I have just purchased a EJ auto stering column which I will be putting in, pity its an auto one cause Im goimg to bog up all holes and smooth out honey pot, I think auto columns (good ones) are getting rare.  Also picked up a premier EH white steering wheel
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »

yep, i didnt realize till i got fc427's colum home than hr has two and EH has 3.
i havent got a chance to getback on the colum yet but mine also was a auto one, i would have prefered bog up a manual one but thats what i got in my hands first.

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 03:49:32 AM »

yep i just picked up an ej auto from slim just need to no whos mate one of these collapsible and if so how did they go about it .Im putting this into my ute and i will be using the auto .Im converting the bottom of the column and using a mechanism from the lokar catalogue that will turn it into a cable drive .
cheers fatboy

fatboy
Al
nsw-club

I love FC Ute's!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »

FATBOY use a LC or LJ steering shaft. Take it to a machine shop and machine the top of the shaft to fit the top bearing thats in the honeypot of the EH column.    When fitting a EJ or EH column, fit it up put the 2 bolts in the box then tighten them up, also put the support U bracket that holds the column up to the dash on, have every thing lined up then from the guard side drill through the remaining hole in the subframe and through the steering box support arm which has a thread in it  and whamo// you have the 3rd bolt for the steering box. Then to wire up the blinkers all you need is the yellow, pink, blue wires and the horn is the brown wire. FB to HR columns are 4ins shorter than the FE and FC which makes them more comfee to drive. If you need any help just call me        Cheers Al

See ya
Al
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »

FATBOY,
IF you have to drill a hole through the subfame, you should drill it slightly over size and weld in a crush tube so when you tighten up the bolt you don't distort your subframe.

regards
Weddo
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 04:15:09 PM »

thanks for the replys guys im cutting off the steering box as im running a rear mount rack just want the column for the automatic part of it
cheers fatboy

fatboy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: