FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:35:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: weather shield  (Read 2288 times)
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2007, 11:36:18 AM »

Dummy fitted my weather shield and in the mean time took some green off the top of the shield & my question is, to repaint - what type of paint (was told acrylic) & what colour green was used?
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 12:15:53 PM »

Lizard
With the lack of information on the type of weather sheild you have fitted its pretty hard to give advice. I have cupples (brand name spelling may be wrong) fitted to my car the upper portion is tinted not painted. I also think NASCO ones were also tinted.

I would suspect that painted ones would be colour matched to the car. Some one with a lot more knowledge such as RET, Alex, Ken or Mick should be able to answer your question and give advice.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 01:20:09 PM »

It's a nasco one peice - but the 'tint' seems to scratch off like paint rather than peels off like window tinting film, if there is a "tinting spray" availiable, any idea's where I may get some - also a brand name if possible.
Tried Auto Cables (they sell shields on ebay) to see what they used but no reply
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 01:22:45 PM »

Those one-piece Nasco ones are pretty uncommon these days - I don't think they lasted all that well.

I'd be inclined to take it to a panel shop and see what they could recommend. I imagine colour-matching it should be straightforward enough, but you might need to be careful what sort of paint you used on that ancient plastic.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 02:03:11 PM »

Try getting hold of a green transparency texta from a stationery shop.  I've used one in the past to remake some blinker indicator lens in a Valiant dashboard.

Cheers

Brett

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 08:22:18 PM »

Dummy fitted my weather shield and in the mean time took some green off the top of the shield & my question is, to repaint - what type of paint (was told acrylic) & what colour green was used?

Forgot to mention its a plastic weather shield for the drivers door
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: