FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 05:36:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Programmable Ignition System  (Read 3695 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:55:57 PM »

In the March April and May edition of  electronics magazine, Silicon Chip, is described a programmable Ignition system for older vehicles.  It will trigger from a wide range of sources including points, reluctor Hall effect and optical. It can produce accurate advanced curves, change timing according to engine load and can also be used with a High Energy system ignition they described in June 1998. It can do a lot of other things as well.  An optional knock sensor is also available. It has an LCD hand controller which is used to do the initial set up whilst driving.

It comes in a kit form and pricing is quite reasonable. The basic kit is $$89.95.  Ignition coil driver which allows it to be used as a stand alone ignition system is $44.50 and Knock sensor is $16.95.  Kits are available from Jaycar -  http://www.jaycar.com.au/  Back issues of Silicon Chip are available. Silicon Chip web site is http://www.siliconchip.com.au

I do not have any affiliation with any of the firms mentioned - just an electronics person with a love of old cars.  When I acquire an FC I will be trying one in it.  I have previously used High Energy systems in other vehicles which improved them compared to the OEM systems.  This one should give similar results to modern systems.  I just thought some people may be interested

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »

cool stufff Keith,

recently made the O2 sensor which helped me jet up the motorcycle.
built the dual battery controller for another project which got shelved in the end.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: