FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:56:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Diff Question  (Read 2129 times)
fe1957
qld-club

Model: FE

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »

Ok,
    I did a search with no luck, and now I am dirty with myself as I recently read that late model commodore diffs have offset axles ( like 9inch) and that if you cut down the lond side and use two short axles it is virtually the same length as a standard fc diff ( ok i have to shorten the tube). Can anyone confirm this Huh
thanks
Grant

OFE570
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 10:57:41 AM »

grant,
i have recently had a VS diff installed into my FC. They did as you said and used two short axles. But be careful as i think this combination may be shorter than you want as i have had mini tubbs fitted to accommodate 18x8 inch rims.Do your home work and measure the commodore diff that you are intending to use. Also depending on the commodore there are different size axles so you might want to speak to a diff expert. There is a photo spread of this conversion in this section around december/january.
regards brett
fe1957
qld-club

Model: FE

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »

grant,
i have recently had a VS diff installed into my FC. They did as you said and used two short axles. But be careful as i think this combination may be shorter than you want as i have had mini tubbs fitted to accommodate 18x8 inch rims.Do your home work and measure the commodore diff that you are intending to use. Also depending on the commodore there are different size axles so you might want to speak to a diff expert. There is a photo spread of this conversion in this section around december/january.
regards brett

Thanks for the heads up Brett, I will check it out as you said.
cheers
grant

OFE570
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: